Monday, February 04, 2008

Daddy Daughter Date

So we thought you might be wondering what is up with our "good child" (I kid, I kid!) Here is a little bit of a very special day out with Daddy!
For the second day of Christmas, Madison got tickets to see Stars on Ice with her daddy. Ronnie tries to take her on a special date every so often just the two of them. I think he will have to start doing some father son things soon too! Anyway, Madison has been pretty excited about it, seeing the Stars on Ice commercials on TV makes her squeal with joy and her preschool teacher even asked me if today was the date with daddy. I guess she has been talking about it to her teachers and friends at school as well. Well, the day finally came and last Friday, I was not the one gettting ready to go on a date with Ronnie. Instead, I helped Madison get all ready for her very special evening out with daddy. We got her favorite dress on, only the twirly, sparkly one would do! We put her very favorite shoes on, again, only the very sparkliest (is that a word?) And we curled her hair for the first time ever. I am not sure why I have never tried to curl her hair before because it looked adorable. However, her hair is exactly like mine was, very fine. And by the end of the night, even the most super duper hold hairspray couldn't stop those curls from falling out. And to top off the look, some very pink and shiny lipgloss. She was ready! Daddy came home with some yellow flowers just for his sweet date and off they went.


From what I gather, dinner was "so fun!"- Madison reports: "We got our very own TV just for us at our table and our team won!" Daddy reports: "We watched the Utah Jazz game, we shared a chocolate sundae, and we sat on the same side of the table." Then it was off to the main event. I hear the show was great, entertaining for all, and full of treats.
Madison: "Daddy got me red fish AND M&M's"
Mommy: "But I thought you got to eat dessert at dinner?"
Madison: "We did, and then we had 2 more desserts!"
Daddy: "Shhh Madison, that was a secret! Oops!"
So they had a great time, good memories were made, future daddy daughter dates are in the works, and Carson, we will be making dental appointments very soon!

I made this collage because it was cracking me up. Ronnie said that he was trying to get a good shot of the both of them and Madison kept shutting her eyes or squinting in anticipation of the flash. So he finally took one while reminding her, "keep your eyes open, keep your eyes open" and thus the bug-eyed shot on the bottom left. She is too funny!

5 comments:

foreveryoung said...

Awwww, so sweet! Daddy Daughter dates are the best. She looks so beautiful and Ronnie is doing a good job to set the bar high for her future dates when she's 16 :) Too bad we're not close so that they could double with Kylie and Jason!

Janessa said...

That is so sweet. She looks like a little princess. I love the flowers and the two extra deserts. What a fun memory. Oh, and I love her curly hair. Too bad it doesn't last for long.

Carson Calderwood said...

I love how the kids are more personal when it is a 1 on 1 date like that. She looks adorable!

Sam and Josh said...

What a cute idea. It looks like they had so much fun, especially when they are one on one.

Marisa said...

Our Beckham says "I love that dress!" Her hair is so cute! I love the 3 desserts.