Monday, February 18, 2008

Valentine's Day

I really love Valentine's Day. I am not a huge fan of the cheesy, commercialism that can take it over but I am all for a day where you can really overdose on LOVE.

Ronnie came home "early" and we cooked dinner together. This is a special treat for me since he rarely gets home before 6:30 and the kids are totally starving by then. So, we grilled (our most favorite way to cook!) a yummy asian flavored flank steak, made some amazing roasted garlic mashed potatoes courtesy of Pioneer Woman, and created a colorful spinach salad. Then...


...we made this lovely treat. It was a gigantic sugar cookie topped with a layer of cream cheese/powdered sugar mixture, cherry pie filling, and whip cream. Yes, it was just as sweet and delicious as it sounds! And then...


we put the kids to bed and hung out here while we watched the worst movie ever made! I have to give my husband some credit, he did try and please me by stopping off at the movie store on his way home to pick up a few chick flicks. After sitting through I am Legend (scary!) with him a few weeks ago I deserved it! And he knows how much I love those cheesy dance movies like Bring it On or Save the Last Dance. So, he brought home Feel the Noise with Omarion (yeah, that should have been a little clue right there!) we were definately not "feelin'" it! It was so lame! But he redeemed himself with the Nanny Diaries; that was cute.

It was fun to spend Valentine's Day with the ones I love so much. And I didn't even mind staying at home and relaxing with the kids. It was just as fun, and just as romantic as a fancy dinner out. Thanks Ronnie for being my forever Valentine and for making me feel so special each and every day, not just on Feb. 14th! ily!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Yummy! That dinner looks awesome. I'm sitting here realizing I need some dessert too.

foreveryoung said...

Awwww, what a sweet and memorable Valentines. That dinner looks amazing (I thought about trying those potatoes, but they looked a little too garlicky for me, but since you liked them, I'll have to give 'em a try!) and you can't beat the wonderful atmosphere of your own home with NO crowds! The fact that Ronnie was willing to sit through a cheesy chick-flick says ALOT about the level of your love :) Glad you had a good one!

Janessa said...

What a fun Valentine's! I'm drooling over that food. So fun to cook it together too. What a fun cozy evening to spend together watching chick flicks. I'm SO jealous of that fireplace! Aren't those your 12 days of Christmas pillows? They look very comfy.