Kellee Jean AKA- Auntie Kellee, Kel, Smelf, teacher Kellee
This past weekend my most beautiful, talented, wise, older sister flew in to visit us. I miss her so much now that we have moved from SF. We got pretty used to seeing each other at least once a week if not more. So, she came up for a short, but lovely visit last weekend.
For those of you who have not had the pleasure to meet said big sister of mine, here is what you need to know...
- She is an amazing dancer
- She takes any chance she gets to travel the world
- She ran a marathon in the freezing cold rainy weather of Dublin Ireland
- She owns her own dance studio and teaches over a hundred little rug rats like my Madison
- She is a lover of owls, orange, and the outdoors
- She also loves our planet and our kids and does all she possibly can to consume less and save more
- She is gentle, quiet, and peaceful, but can pee her pants with laughter in an instant
- She is loved by all who meet her and can't stand it when people are mean!
- She is fiercely loyal
- She wouldn't hurt a fly- literally, she would "shew" it outside but NEVER swat it
- She has only fallen in love once, and that's enough for her, forever
- She will never turn down an offer of ice-cream
- She is a vegetarian and has been for almost 20 years
- She loves to dance in the rain, play in the snow, and soak up the sun
- She is what people are talking about when they say, "good things come in small packages."
- She may be short, but she packs a powerful punch
- She is my best friend, and has been my whole entire life!
So now that you know a little more about my sweet sister Kellee, on to our weekend. She flew in on Friday night, just in time for our little spring snow storm! Yep, you read that right, it has been snowing here in Seattle! The poor little spring flowers that came up a few weeks ago, as they should in late March, were covered in snow this weekend. I think it snowed, stuck, and melted three times in two days.
Because of the weather, we didn't get to do all the fun things we had planned, but, we still had fun. Saturday we got to watch Madison at her gymnastics class. She missed class from being sick so we scheduled her make up when daddy and Kellee could watch. Then it was off to Peete's to warm up and then over to see Horton Hears a Who. After a little laughing at the movie, it was back home for some lunch, a nap for Bex, dance practice for Madison, and a little American Idol (Xbox style) silliness for all. I was SO impressed with my sister who rarely (if ever) listens to pop music, but was able to belt out a little Fergie Ferg. She also was able to witness the most beautiful rendition of September by the one and only Chapman Family Duet.
We then headed off to the city to a great restaurant Ronnie found called Cafe Flora. It is located near the U of W on Madison street! They specialize in locally grown, organic, vegetarian cuisine. It was fantastic! We all enjoyed our meals, especially Bex! After all that good food, we had to top it off with a little Ben and Jerry's at University Village before heading home to chat the night away.
Sunday was a pretty low key day, Ronnie spoke at church (and he did a great job) and we both had classes to teach. Other than that, we made lunch, chatted, and played with the kids before taking Kellee to the airport.
We all are going through Auntie Kellee withdrawals and can't wait to see her again in May. That is when the recital happens and Madison and I are heading to SF for a little mommy daughter weekend. We will be working hard at the recital but trying to squeeze in some fun time with much missed friends from the Bay Area. We can't wait!
Thank you Smelf for coming to see us. We love you ever so much and would love to have you back anytime, just bring Robb with ya next time K?
11 comments:
Jodee, your relationship with your sister is inspiring. Life gets so busy but family is so important. You are so funny, your comments on my blog. I have to admit though, I'm a little intimidated now that you know. I guess I was sort of a closet blogger. I am so technology challenged and am constantly amazed at all the things you add to your blog. Some day I'll figure out the video and slide show thing. I have tried forever to get my format to look like yours. I don't know how you get it so open and wide, I've been trying to figure out how to do that. Mine is so 90's or something and narrow so you can't get 3 pictures across. I wish you were closer and we'd get together so you could tutor me! The kids were looking at your blog with me the other day and said, remember at the reunion when Madison went around and gave everyone a goodnight hug! We all agreed that was so fun and heartwarming. I love hugs, especially from little kids. Tell Madison we miss her bright smile and hugs and hope to see her at the reunion this July! Tell Ronnie I promise not to wear a Utah shirt but I may be wearing a Utah State University shirt since that is where the girls are going to college. Have a great week you amazing woman!
Hey, P.S., I did send all my sisters an e-mail with my blog address and told them they could forward it on to their kids, but apparently they are all too busy or un-interested in their little sisters happenings. Oh well, their loss, maybe someday I'll have a drawing for my fans (lol)or something for scrapbook supplies since I work at BasicGrey and they won't win cause they never read my blog! I'm so excited to be keeping in touch with you, I think I read and re-read your comments over and over. When I looked at my blog early this morning and saw I had 3 comments, I squeeled out loud, it was kinda thrilling (I know, I need to get out more, huh). Anyway, thanks for your sweet comments, you are good for my self esteem, and by the way, your blog is like free therapy for me, brings smiles and laughter to me every week!
So much for global warming, huh? What a stinky weekend for a blizzard, but it sounds like you guys still managed a fun filled weekend. I feel your pain about being far away from your sister, you were spoiled being so close. You guys have such a great relationship and hopefully this will be the first of many many visits!
my cheeks are pink from the gushing compliments!
It WAS a great weekend and I am still smiling hearing "ba di ya!"
Ronnie thanks for taking us to the great restaurant, Jodee thanks for being the bestest sister and for the fun talking into the wee hours, Maddie thanks for being so fun to play with and dance with, Beckham thanks for being a great snuggler and "letting" me hold your foot in the car
miss you all every day
smelf/auntie kellee
How fun that your sister got to visit. I think I am going to miss you guys when you come in May. :-( I am going to San Diego from the 15th to the 18th for a girls weekend. I decided you need to either come earlier or stay longer! That is the only solution!!!
Blogs are the best aren't they! I am so glad that you were able to make it the other day, we will have to do it again. We had such a great time, it's nice to know there is another fellow "cougar club" wife out there.
Jodee, I set up a Turpin Family Home Evenings Blog. I made it private in case anyone didn't want pictures and info out there for just anyone, so e-mail me and I will send you the link and password. steadmanpj@hotmail.com
Glad you and Ronnie enjoyed the pictures, have a great day!
Sister visits are the best. I hope May gets here quick for you :)
What a great weekend! Anyone that doesn't have a best friend sister is so missing out! They are the best! Glad you gals had such a great time together!
What a great weekend! Anyone that doesn't have a best friend sister is so missing out! They are the best! Glad you gals had such a great time together!
Sounds like so much fun! And I am jealous of your girls' trip coming up to the Bay Area!!
Post a Comment