Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Bethie
Ronnie's parents and little sister came to visit us for the first time in Seattle and we had so much fun showing them around. We did lots of sight seeing and lots of fun family time at home. I have so many pictures and wanted to include a few from each adventure so you are warned, this may be a long post!
Saturday was a beautiful sunny and warm day. We took advantage of the nice weather and went outside to browse a local farmers market. After walking around we headed to XXX Root beer for lunch. XXX Root beer is a local old skool diner where the food is gigantic, the root beer is tasty, and the memorabilia on the walls is straight out of the 50's. They have gigantic root beer floats and even bigger hamburgers. We had fun "trying" to finish our meals, I don't think any of us did! After a good nap for Bex we headed to the city for a Mariners baseball game. Lucky for us it was JJ Putz "soul patch" night- YES!
The rest of the week was filled with the typical run around that I do daily; gymnastics, swimming lessons, preschool, naps, and games.
I think we packed in about as much fun as we could fit in one week! It was really nice to fill our house with family and friends, we love having visitors!
8 comments:
Thanks alot, now I am totally craving an XXX root beer float! You guys definately know how to party and once again prove to be the best hosts. I love that you guys are always exploring and trying new things wherever you live. I need you to come down here and show me what fun stuff there is to do in AZ! I was cracking up at the "soul patches", what fun memories. Glad you enjoyed time with family and had a fun b-day. Can we make our reservations for Hotel de Chapman?
Oh, all that stuff makes me reminisce about Seattle! I haven't done that stuff in so long (science center, ferry,etc). How fun!
It's so great to have family visit. You guys really packed in the fun. My kids are studying butterflies at school right now too. I think they said that their caterpillars are supposed to get here this week. I'll bet Madison was in heaven in the butterfly garden. How fun!
Glad we could share your bday with you! Thanks for the Idolfest.
Sounds like so much fun! I didn't even know you had family here. I want in on the Idol fun!! :)
Dear Jodee & Ronnie, Grandpa & I
enjoyed reading the BLOG about your
fun week with Grandpa & Grandma
Chapman & Bethie. The waterfall
pictures were wonderful as were all
the fun pictures of your various
activities. Thanks for taking time to share your fun & joy with us. LOTS OF LOVE, G&G TURPIN
looks like you are having a lot of fun... I am so happy for you. I am also so excited that you are coming to SF!! You are more than welcome to stay here if you need a place. I would LOVE to spend some time with you.. Are you bringing the kids??
Can't wait to see you. I would love to come up your way some time and check out your new area..
Jodee,
Happy Birthday Girl! Hope it was great! You are such an inspiration, so glad you are part of the family!
Post a Comment