Monday, April 21, 2008

Madison's Late Night Girls Party

I have so much to catch up on. We have had spring break, parties, family in town, and fun times with friends. So, to start off the catching up, here is an update on the girls night we had during Madison's spring break.

She has been asking to have a sleepover since her very first one with her best friend Kylie. Kylie's family has moved to AZ so as a special treat we let them have 2 sleepovers while they were visiting us in San Francisco. Kylie slept at our house and then Madison slept over at their hotel. Ever since then, she has wanted to do it again. I think she is still a little young for sleep overs and I still haven't decided whether or not we will let her do them at all. (That is a whole other post in itself but I wold love to hear other opinions on the issue. Growing up I always had sleepovers and never really thought much about it. I have had several friends tell me they won't let their kids do sleepovers and it got me thinking. I would love to hear what you guys think!) Anyway, for now, we have Late Nights and that is just what we did during Spring Break.









(I have no idea what that white glowing "orb" is in the first picture, hmmm....)
Madison chose two sweet girls from her primary class at church that we don't get to see very often. It was a fun night for the girls, and me! Here are a few highlights:
  • We made our own mini pizzas
  • Played many many games
  • Made tutu's (I can email you the instructions if you want- so easy!)
  • Watched a princess movie
  • Danced in our new tutu's
  • Painted fingernails and toenails
  • Ate lots of yummy homemade caramel popcorn!
  • Laughed, whispered, giggled, and twirled the night away!

I love having a little girl!

Madison loved her tutu so much that we thought we would do a little photo shoot, she is quite the poser these days! Here are a few of our very favorites:


I love you bug, you are such a sweet little girl and I am so happy that you are mine. Thank you for making me smile each day. You are such a blessing to our family.

13 comments:

Michael Family said...

how fun! What a good mom you are. We miss you down here, Jodee! And Madison is BEAUTIFUL. you're going to have to watch out for those boys later on.

Christine said...

What a fun, girlie, night! I love the pics of Madison and her tutu.

As far as sleepovers go, we don't do them...we do "Late Nights" - exactly what you did. So far, parents and friends have understood. There are lots of reasons we don't do sleepovers, but as the girls got older and they started getting invited to sleepovers at homes where I didn't really know the parents, I decided that I didn't want to say "you can sleep over here, but not here and then have to explain why I didn't feel good about certain homes." So, we just made a general rule that we don't do any sleepovers, just late nights and it has worked well for us so far. That's my two cents

jhoopes said...

How fun! What a cute idea! Madison looks adorable! And as far as sleepovers, we have decided that we don't do them. Late nights are just as fun! I want my kids home with me where I can make sure they are safe and sound. :)

Liz said...

OH, how FUN!!! You are the best mom! Madi is so lucky. Sleepovers are hard, I don't know how I feel about them either. I love the "late night" idea! Can't wait to have a girl! :-)

Sam and Josh said...

Wow, what a fun idea. If you are nervouse about sleepovers, just have them at your house and then there are no worries. You can then be in charge. She looks so cute.

Janessa said...

You are such a fun mom! The tutus are so cute! I would love a copy of the directions. You are so crafty and always doing the cutest things. Your photo shoot turned out great! The pink boots with the tutu are just too much! I love it! The black and white picture at the begning is so beautiful! How can you not have an adorable picture with such a beautiful girl? As far as the whole sleepover thing goes, we've decided to just stick with the late night thing. It seems like a lot more parents are doing that these days. It makes it easier.

Melynda said...

I love the pictures! I would love the directions for the tutus! I had fun running the other morning, although I am a little sore today... we will see you tomorrow morning at 8:)

Cassie said...

I bet your sleep over question set off a fire storm of comments. I had sleep overs as a kid too and every thing was fine. Will is not a fan of the sleep over idea and mostly I agree with him. But not for little girls (10 and under) it's the older children I worry about during sleep overs. They know about sneaking out and playing truth or dare. So for now we've stuck to late nights with sleep overs reserved for family only. I think I'll let my kids have sleep overs and late nights until they are older and then put the ban on.

foreveryoung said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! One more reason I wish we lived closer (could I just photoshop a picture of Kylie in there?) I can't wait to make the tutu's with Kylie and maybe I'll be brave enough to do another late night with her friends again. Girls really are so much fun! I LOVE all the cute pictures and those pink boots are the perfect accessory. As for the sleepovers, you know how I feel...I do worry about the sneaking out and stuff when they're older, but it's the molesters I worry about more when they're younger. I've just heard way too many stories that it's not worth it to me. But I'm sure my kids will hate me just like I hated my parents for not letting me do it. I think late nights are the perfect solution, so there's my two-cents (okay, more like 5 or 10 cents...I'll quit now :)

Rachel said...

Little girls are so fun! I should know. ;)

Love the tutu pictures!

The Teeples Times said...

She is so cute!! We haven't seen you two or your family forever. It is so fun to see these cute pics of them. I bet you see a big contrast between boys and girls, eh? Hope all is well. Love, Melanie and Tad

Amy Healey said...

those pictures are adorable!!! She is getting so big!! are you guys coming down for the familiy reunion in July?

Amy Healey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.