Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Clubbin'

Some would call us adventurous, some would call us crazy, but we just call it a desire to have fun! Ronnie and I love to try new things; restaurants, travel destinations, music, movies, theatre, food, culture, clubs, you name it, we'll most likely try it. Maybe this is why our 5 year old doesn't bat an eyelash when we serve her sushi, take her to a concert, hike up a pyramid, or attend a rowdy Demolition Derby. She just goes with it. Most recently, our adventures took us to a Techno club in Seattle. The Calderwoods are Techno music fans and particularly like an LDS DJ named Kaskade. Well, he was going to be in town and they opened an invitation, so we said yes. Techno is one music genre that Ronnie and I haven't ventured into much and thought it would be fun to experience a little. Plus, like I told Carson, we are always up for a good concert.

It was interesting trying to figure out what to wear. I think my mommy jeans have long replaced my dance pants but that's OK, I'll wear that uniform any day. Ronnie rocked a little faux hawk to make up for it and we found ourselves getting pretty excited to revert back to teenagers and leave the kids while we danced the night away. Marisa's parents live nearby and generously agreed to watch our 2 kids and the 3 Calderwood boys while we went to dinner and then to the club. We ate at a nice seafood restaurant in Bellevue and then headed over to my new love, Red Mango for some FroYo, (If you live anywhere in the vicinity of a Red Mango you must go!) We then returned to put the kids to bed before going back out to hit the dance floor. It was a little strange going out again after putting the kids to bed. We really felt like we were back in College, getting all ready to go out and start the night at 10p. Reality hit just a little when we entered the club and were surrounded by many crazy dancing single kids. But, it didn't take long before we were dancing along with the best of them and enjoying some techno tunes. Kaskade was a lot of fun and I really liked his mix of Apologize by OneRepublic. Like I said, I am no Techno expert so we weren't too critical of the music, I just had fun dancing again like the good old days at the Bay (Oh Katrina, how I missed you!) The only bad part of the evening was when Ronnie and I were dancing under the balcony of the seating area above and I looked up and said "I don't think I want to dance under the balcony, let's move." Just then, a glass falls off a table from above and lands right on my forehead. Nice! Luckily it didn't break; I think my face must have softened the blow and it just tumbled to the floor. I wasn't going to let that stop me from my dancing so we quickly returned to the middle of the dance floor- big fat bruise and all!

The fun ended around 2am and we left our carefree evening to return to our beloved "responsibilities" sleeping sweetly at home. It took us a little while to wind down from the excitement and get to sleep. When we finally hit the pillow we were promptly reminded of just how far out of that stage of life we have come when my sweet Beckham woke up with the sun! Needless to say we all took naps after church on Sunday to recover. But I have to admit, it was all worth it!

We all forgot our cameras (or maybe we just didn't want to look like crazy mamabloggers with cameras) so here are a few from Marisa's phone- much more hip don't ya think? Carson even got an autograph for a little souvenir. My souvenir, a sweet little image of a great Beyonce impersonator, I like to call her Sparkles.

3 comments:

jhoopes said...

You guys are hip.

Carson Calderwood said...

We'll never grow old with you guys around.

Janessa said...

Seriously, you guys are the coolest "mom and dad" people I know. Sounds like a rockin night. Way to stay young! I can't believe that glass fell right on your forehead. Ouch! Glad you survived.