Memorial Day Weekend
Ronnie and I have met some great friends from church here in WA. We really enjoy spending time with friends and this weekend was no exception. We joined four other families for a day on Whidbey Island at Deception Pass. It is a beautiful area and a lot of fun to get there. We took the ferry over (an hour later than everyone else since my kids have been sleepers lately), and then drove up Whidbey Island meeting everyone at Deception Pass state park. It has lakes, beaches, hiking, bridges, camping and much much more. We all had a picnic and hung out at the beach for the afternoon playing baseball, throwing rocks, and playing in the 1 square foot of sand that we could find!
(below are pictures of me with bex in the backpack crossing the bridge, bex loving the crosswalk flag in Kirkland, and a cherished moment of siblings actually getting along!)
Views from the bridge, the lower right is the beach we played at that afternoonThe following pictures I cannot take credit for. They were taken by our friend Matt and beautifully edited for all of us to enjoy. Thanks Matt, you have a talent whether you like to admit it or not!

Classic Beckham face- huh?
Ronnie loves this picture- I guess they were trying their hardest to hit the ball out in "right field."

I had to include this last one, it's a favorite! I have a gigantic baby crush on this little bug, she is so stinkin' cute! Her mommy is my 6:30 am running partner, she's pretty cute too!Monday was filled with gardening. Our yard has been severely neglected for years; the previous guy did nothing and we just barely got a lawn mower. Our super nice next door neighbors have been mowing and fertilizing our front yard for us in hopes that the HOA doesn't give us a warning. Hopefully I can turn my thumb green really quick here and take care of the jungle that is our back yard! We completely filled our yard waste garbage can to the top on Monday and we have just begun! I think by the time we get it all under control it will be winter!
9 comments:
How fun! I LOVE the San Juan Islands. Just watch out for the clothing-optional beaches. Yikes.
You did it! (blogged about the weekend, I mean) It was fun to see your pictures and hear about the rest of your trip!
Nice post!
Your family is so beautiful! I'm so glad that we can stay in touch through blogging and facebook! Your Beckham sounds a lot like my Ronan (: Gotta love those active, strong-willed boys! (:
-Gretchen
Looks like you had a lot of fun and you are always on top of your blog. I just can't write so much, but you always do a fabulous job.
I can't believe you walked over the bridge! Maybe it's my fear of heights that make the very thought of it turn my stomach! We had SO much fun!
You guys seriously know how to party it up! I can't believe how much you packed into one weekend! You amaze me at your ability to make such great friends so quickly, and I'm glad you've found so many great people out there. And how come there are always so many amazing places to explore wherever you live? It's a good thing you didn't move to AZ it's pretty boring here!
What a beautiful part of the country to live in. You guys are so good to take advantage of where you are and get out and see the sights. Those are some beautiful pictures of the scenery and your kiddos are look darling. What a fun weekend. Glad the weather was so nice!
You guys have the most fun! I love the pictures. What kind of camera do you have?
Post a Comment