Last week was filled with many adventures, just not too far from home...


Instead of our traditional Friday night homemade pizza night, we decided to go get World Pies and take them to the park in downtown Issaquah. It was a beautiful evening so after pizza and park, we walked down the road to good ol XXXRootbeer and shared floats.
.JPG)
Later in the week we got really excited about the sunny weather and got Bex a new swim suit. I think we may have jumped the gun because it promptly turned grey and cold. Geeze, how dare I expect it to be sunny and warm in June!


I think that being indoors too long may have caused a little case of cabin fever because Beckham decided to get into the church bag that his sister pulled out of the closet and use the markers to color all over the walls, doors, and floor in the entry way. Luckily it was all washable and cleaned up easily. And really really lucky that he wasn't able to open the permanent Sharpie marker that he found in there. I know he tried because it was on the floor right next to all of the other opened markers! I don't think it was a coincidence that he was wearing his lucky screwball sweatshirt either- I think he knows!

And, to round out last week, we took a nice little family trip to Home Depot to get lots and lots of bark mulch. We are working hard to get our yard under control; pulling weeds, fertilizing grass, getting rid of moss, eventually making it all look really pretty with some new bark! We are new at this whole yard thing coming from apartment living and all. I didn't think that I would ever like gardening or yard work but I think it's growing on me. I have big dreams of starting an organic vegetable garden, planting fresh herbs, and potting many many pretty flowers just like my mom. For now though, I think I will try and keep my African Violet alive in my kitchen window and work on the weeds. Baby steps...
7 comments:
looks like fun. Good luck on the garden, I seem to kill everything after about a month. I am sure you will be much better! The weather around here has been bad as well. I think everywhere it is a little cooler (and windy here).
Bex hair is SWEET. I would love Tan to grow his like that...
Glad to hear you're getting a green thumb. Can you believe we still haven't been to that rootbeer place?
Fun family time! Glad your yard work is coming along well. Fresh veggies are the BEST! We still have hopes of planting some this year but it's getting kind of late. We've just had so much darn rain this spring that we've had a hard time getting out and planting things. I'm so glad Bex only managed to get into the washable markers. That was a close call.
Looks like fun and love the art work. I am glad to see someone elses kids like to experiment on the walls or anything else they can find.
And to think that you used to make fun of me for spending our date nights at Home Depot--welcome to non-apartment living! I'm excited to see the "before" and "after" pictures of your yard. Good luck with the garden, I totally took ours for granted in Utah. I would give anything for those garden fresh tomatoes right now! Good luck too with your little monkey, I love the "screwball" sweatshirt, too funny! We'll try to send some sunshine your way!
Looks like so much fun! You gotta love washable markers! :)
I love reading about your cute family! I wish we lived by each other! Your friday night sounds way to fun! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment