Beckham's birthday extravaganza and Father's Day
After the train ride and lunch it was home for a nap and to bake the cake. I have always loved decorating the kids' birthday cakes. For this one I found a great cake pan in the shape of a train. I really liked it because everyone could have their own little train car and decorating it was better without covering it in gobs of frosting. I just used enough to attach the candy and it was perfect! Madison LOVED helping me and was so excited to give it to her brother.
And last but definitely not least, we opened presents and played, played, played! I think the hit of the night was his custom made train table. My parents did such an amazing job on this table and I am beside myself with true gratitude for all their hard work. It was definitely a labor of love and one that didn't come easily... Thank you, thank you, thank you! My mom painted a city scene and personalized the buildings with all the people who love our little Bex. It is now our very own family heirloom that will be handed down to grand kids and great grand kids. Beckham is playing with it as I type this and is happy as a clam.
As for Father's Day, my parents drove home that day so I made the boys omelets for breakfast and then gave them their gifts. My dad said he would just have my mom do all the driving home as his father's day present. Ronnie got the day off too and didn't have to do dishes or cook. He got a little nap and then I made him dinner. It was just fun having my dad here to celebrate with. His birthday, Beckham's birthday, and father's day are all within a few days so it's a perfect excuse to get them out here. We had a great weekend and are excited to see mom and dad again in July and then August. I sure do love living so close!
13 comments:
He's got to be the cutest little 2 year old boy!!!
Wow! What a cake! You are talented Jodee. And the train table is absolutely amazing. Artist talent must run in the family. Happy Birthday Beckham!!
Yay! You got the cake pan! It looks fabulous. I am going to have to remember colored licorice and "grass" next time I make it. Happy birthday beckham!
Holy cow, amazing!! I can't believe that train table! What a lucky little birthday boy! And props on another awesome cake. I may have to check out that pan before Jayden sadly outgrows the train stage. Jayden just came over and I showed him the cake and asked if he wants one like that for his b-day, he said no and instead pointed to the train table and said that he wants one of those. Are they taking custom orders? :) As always, what a fun-filled weekend. I had to laugh about your b-ball game comment, the game itself is so boring to me, but it's the environment and people that make it fun. Happy b-day little Bex!
What a fun party weekend. You guys always have some kind of party going on at your house. That table is amazing! What a treasure! That cake is adorable! And a train ride too. What more could a two year old want in life? Happy birthday!
Love the pic of him by the train. He is just so cute. You mentioned girls weekend on my blog-I will say it again, we HAVE to! I LOVE the train table, your parents did an amazing job. Oh and that cake-i love that too! What a fun bday.
Love the cake!
Jo, you did a really great job on the cake. each year since the first angel cake you have done beautifully. bex and maddie will be really proud when they grow up and they will remember the time and energy you put into them where some of their friends may not have that. you are a great mom
Wow what a week! Your cake was amazing and so is the train table! I can't believe your parents made that. Happy Birthday Beckham!!
Another amazing day with the Chapman family! I cannot believe Beckham is two!!! Happy Birthday big guy!
That cake is AWESOME! My little Christian would love it. I am very impressed. I am also glad that other little boys love Thomas as much as mine does.
WOW. How did you make that cake? You'll have to show me. It is so cute!! And what a train table--amazing! That really is priceless!! What fun celebrations!
Way to go on the cake. It looks like he had a really great birthday and a lot of fun and what cute train pictures. Adorable.
Post a Comment