Thursday, June 19, 2008

Little Miss Madison

Madison had her last day of preschool last Friday. Since my parents were here I was able to leave Beckham with one of them and take the other one to her school with me to help with the end of the year carnival. Madison choose Nana to come first and we got to make crafts with the kids and then man the face painting table. I am not much of an artist so I am sure many moms were wondering what was on their child's face at the end of the day but the kids didn't seem to mind. The next day Papa got to come and help with the crafts and face painting too. Madison was so proud to have her mommy and grandparents to show off to her friends. I was so proud to be there too, all the little girls were so happy when Madison arrived at school and would run up to her and give her big hugs and start playing with her hair. She has made a lot of good friends at Lakeside Montessori and has especially fallen in love with one of her teachers Mrs. Hutton. We spent a little bit of extra time after class ended giving Mrs. Hutton and Mrs. Ramasubbu their presents. She sat on Mrs Hutton's lap and wouldn't budge. They discussed how much they would miss each other and Mrs. Hutton even asked Madison if she would come back and visit. I don't think it really hit her until we got home; Madison crawled out of the car and broke down in tears. She was so sad that she had just said goodbye to Mrs. Hutton for the last time. It broke my heart to see her big tears streaming down her face as she told me just how much she misses her already. I nearly drove back over to school just to get Mrs. Hutton's phone number so that I could set up a play date or something this summer. I just needed something for this girl to look forward to! But, the tears eventually stopped and she was happy to show Nana and papa all of her crafts. It is scary how fast my little girl is growing up. Her sweet innocent princess loving, dress wearing, finger painting self is turning into an independent, friend loving, ripped jean wearing, computer savvy little girl. She will be in a big school with big kids and have big new experiences. I am sad to see the innocence being lost but excited for the growth she will gain.


Speaking of growing up, she lost her first tooth last night. She has had one coming in for a little while now and one of her little bottom ones got pretty loose. She wouldn't let me pull it out so we left it alone knowing it would come out soon. Last night Beckham decided he wanted that thing out and stuck his hand in her mouth and broke it loose. It was just hanging there so Madison reached in and took it out. We had one excited little girl with one very cute smile. The tooth fairy didn't disappoint and gave her a Silver Dollar for her first tooth!
***** (Warning, the following should not be read by children!)****
My dad used to bring me and my sister Silver Dollars home every so often and I have kept all of them. I plan to give them to Madison and Beckham as they grow up so they can cherish them as I did. So far she has; she carried it around all morning in her sweaty little hand until I told her she might want to go put it in a safe place before it gets lost. So up in her treasure box it went!

6 comments:

Janessa said...

Congrats on the first missing tooth! That is such a fun milestone to reach. Those toothless grins make for the best pictures (as seen on left). That's impressive that she lost her first tooth before she even started kindergarten. My Abby seems to be a bit later in loosing her teeth. She hates watching all her friends loosing their teeth without her. When does kindergarten start? It is an exciting and sad things to watch our sweet inocent little kids grow up. I'm sure she'll love kindgergarten and have many more amazing teachers to love.

The Teeples Times said...

It truly is sad when they're past the age of "little" and on to bigger things. She is a beautiful girl and I'm sure she'll love kindergarten. Such fun times.

Carson Calderwood said...

Congrats! Trevor will be jealous if she loses another and beats him to tooth #2.

Jon and Amy said...

Jodee! Your kids are so cute! It's fun reading your blog and getting to read about you being a mommy! You sound like a great mom, too! :) Plus, your kids are older than mine so now I can learn from you how to deal with the many lessons of parenthood since you'll be going through them first- no pressure! :)

Tonya said...

oh my gosh...it looks like they even lost the SAME TOOTH! wow - this is getting a little twillight zone :) I love your little silver dollar idea - poor keely, she just gets a quarter..our toothfairy is a little stingy..hahaha

foreveryoung said...

That is so sad that she was so heartbroken to say goodbye, what a sweetheart. I can't believe she's going to be in kindergarten! And congrats on her first lost tooth, Kylie will be jealous!