
Madison's friend across the street turned 7 and had a dress up party complete with hairdo's, traditional Indian dresses, and henna. Madison LOVED the costume she got to wear and even held her hand still and open for 3 hours letting the henna dry! Yes, all 7 girls walked around with their left hands open, not touching anything, in hopes that their henna would set deeper and be the brightest orange possible. We even got to take the dress up outfit home for the weekend to play a few more times before returning it to Megana. At school Madison's teacher, who is from India, noticed Madison's henna and told her that she did henna all over her hands, arms, feet, and legs when she got married. Madison was completely impressed and chanted "In-di-an, In-di-an, In-di-an" the rest of the afternoon. India now trumps China for Madison's next vacation destination!


8 comments:
Wow, how fun is that. That is very creative.
Very fun! Madison looks so cute in her sari. It's wonderful that your kids get to see and appreciate different cultures at such a young age.
very cool!
It trumps China??? We'll have to see what kind of chinese coolness we can bust out the next time we see her to try and change her mind back. Come on, her and Kylie could do a study abroad together... :) Seriously, what a fun party, I always love the creative ones (which I am never good at) and I'm a little emberassed that a 5 yr old knows more about henna than I do!
Wow, that took a lot of patience for both the artist and those little girls that had to sit still for so long. That is one birthday party to remember. How neat!
No fair! I missed out on a henna party for one of my girlfriend's wedding AND Madison gets to. No Fair!
Love you guys!
That is like no other 7 year old birthday party I've seen--what a cool experience for all of those girls! And how interesting that Madison's first choice of vacation is China. Or was.
What a cool experience! That's really neat that she was able to do that. Does she still have Henna on her hands? I'm a little jealous.
Post a Comment