Girls trip to SF
Last weekend Madison and I took a little trip to San Francisco for my sister's annual dance recital. Each year she puts on a big show for all of her little dancers to show off their moves and dress up in the cutest of costumes. I think my sister has been dancing for over 20 years and we haven't missed a recital yet. Now that she is the teacher and putting on the shows instead of dancing in them (well, she does a little of that too) I am back stage helping all 150+ kids get to and from the stage, try to keep nosy parents in their seats, and line up the whole crew in order for the finale. It's great fun and I wouldn't miss it for the world. This year Madison got to do a special dance with Auntie Kellee as a snowflake. She hadn't been taking any lessons this year since we moved so she learned the dance in just about 2 days and danced her little heart out with no hesitations.
I decided to just take Madison with me and leave Bex behind so I could be free to help out with the recital happenings. As you can see Beckham and daddy had a great weekend and so did Madison and I- so it all worked out great. I really wished that I could have seen more people and done more things while back in California. It was pretty busy with the Recital and family in town so I didn't get to see many friends (Jen, we still have a date reserved for next visit, love you!) However, it was wonderful to see my sister and Robb, parents, and extended family (Titi, La). I was telling Ronnie that it felt more like leaving home than going home when I returned to WA. I really miss that place!
Here are a few highlights from the weekend:

- Watching Madison entertain Ma and Marilyn- Robb's mom and Aunt who entertained us all!
- Running like a crazy woman for 3 straight hours before, during, and after the recital- my feet hurt, I nearly lost my voice, and I was covered in sparkles and feathers by the end but I had a blast!
- Sleepover, late night chat, yummy breakfast, hair do's, and In-N-Out with Rosa
- Chatting with La and Kell about anything and everything
- Walking down to the local hardware store in the Castro to get more cool sparkly bouncy balls for friends.
- Getting to see all of my sister's hard work pay off with a beautiful recital and many many happy students and parents.
- Just spending lots of time with family- having my parents and me and my sister all together is always a treat.
Thank you to Kim and Ronnie for letting me go off and spend some fun girl time in SF. I had a wonderful time knowing that my little man was in good hands!
7 comments:
Oh yeah! Fun times! I miss you guys!!
Love,
Rosa
What, no picture of you covered in sparkles and feathers....what's up with that. Enjoy the fun mom and me campouts, before you know it, they're off to college and you're wondering how that happened so fast.
It sounds like you had a blast. It's always fun to go "home", and visit. It's been 5 years and I am just beginning to think of Washington more of my home than California. Madison looks beautiful as always:)
It looks like you had a great time and kept very busy. I know how hard it is when you go places and have to see tons of people, and do a few of your old favorite things. I would love to see you when you come, but I totally get that it is hard. We really miss you. I would love to come up your way. I will give you a call!!!!
What a fun weekend together. I'm so impressed that you've never missed a recital. What a super sister you are! That's so fun that Madison even got to be in the recital. I'll bet she was awesome. The bubbles and bouncy balls look like a lot of fun.
What a fun girls weekend! You managed to pack a ton of fun stuff into your short trip, I'm glad you took advantage of every minute. That Madison is a born star, she is so beautiful and I love that she just soaks up the spotlight. You'll have to post video of her snowflake dance if you have it. Glad you had such a fun trip, but go take a rest now for heaven's sake!
Found you! So fun to catch up on your different adventures. Sounds like you had a great time at home and the boys were able to spend some good quality bonding time together. Your kiddos sure are cuties!
Post a Comment