Gram's 85th birthday
.jpg)
.jpg)
My grandma turned 85 this month so we decided to surprise her with a weekend at the coast. My mom rented a house in Netarts (pronounced nee-tarts. And yes, I am still laughing!) Oregon near Tillamook and we spent a weekend reading, playing cards, chatting, and walking the beach. I also went to my first flea market that was held inside a really great red barn where I found a few cool old mason jars and a neat old gas lantern that I am going to re-paint. I got to partner up with my grandma, the card shark, and beat the pants off of mom and Aunt Leslie. (OK, so they beat us once but it was close!) Even the 4 hour drive to and from the house was a highlight. I got to listen to MY music, stop wherever I wanted, and I didn't have to turn around or reach in the back seat ONCE!It was a wonderful time and I am grateful to have been a part of it.
The beautiful Netarts Beach
.jpg)
I loved this barn!.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
The drive home (yes, I was taking pictures while driving but I promise I kept my eyes on the road... even if it was through the view finder!) .jpg)
The other Haystack rock in Cape Kiwanda, OR.jpg)
.jpg)
The other Haystack rock in Cape Kiwanda, OR
.jpg)
.jpg)
4 comments:
Oregon is beautiful. I want a sundae like you grandma has!
What gorgeous pictures! So was she surprised? What a perfect girls weekend and I love that you guys played cards all night. That's all we do when we get together with my grandma and it's so fun to see the fiesty side come out in her!
What a fun way to celebrate your grandma's b-day. The pictures are beautiful! Glad you had a fun relaxing weekend!
We love that area. We've gone crabbing there two years in a row. Great place for family reunions.
Post a Comment