Friday, October 31, 2008

Kindergarten field trip

I was a chaperon for Madison's Kindergarten field trip to the pumpkin patch. I think it is some sort of "rite of passage" for all moms. I just felt like more of a mom after chaperoning the pumpkin patch field trip.

Here is the rundown- 44 kids, 1 bus, 6 parents, 2 teachers, 30 min. bus ride, 44 juice boxes, 44 bags of popcorn, 50 min wait to ride the tractor, 1 min tractor ride (no joke, it took us longer to load and unload than to ride!), 2 min to pick your pumpkin before the bus left you, 4 min run back to the bus because the tractor got stuck, 30 min bus ride, 44 pumpkins rolling on the floor when the bus driver "didn't want to run the yellow!"
Good times!
Buds- Emmy, Madison, and John

3 comments:

foreveryoung said...

I love your run down...50 min. wait?? And I can totally picture the pumpkins rolling all over and the kids freaking out because they couldn't find which one was theirs. Good times.

Janessa said...

Chaperon for a class field trip - that is such a mom thing! Isn't it great?! I love it! It looks like Madison has some fun friends and is enjoying kindergarten. She's such a cutie!

Liz said...

I still can't believe how cute Madison's hair cut is! i just love it.

(so today was the first time Max pointed to Beckham and said who's that...I think this means we need to get some trips planned!!!) :) We miss you guys.