Pumpkins!
My camera was still battery-less when we went to the pumpkin patch and I am bummed about it because it was a great place. We took the kids to Carpinito Brothers down in Kent WA. It was beautiful, full of GIGANTIC pumpkins, wheelbarrows to ride in, yummy apples and cider, and a gigantic corn maze which we stayed clear of. I don't do mazes! We picked a bunch of pumpkins, a few corn stalks and some flowers to decorate the front porch with.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Jump ahead a few weeks... it was time to carve. Madison got into it this year, she actually got her hands dirty (GASP!) Beckham was my seed sorter; we put all the goop into a big bowl and he picked out the seeds and separated them. That kept him quite busy! In the end we realized that we carved 3 pumpkins, none of which were traditional jack-o-lanterns. Oh well!
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
4 comments:
You guys are artists!
I love how fall-ish your porch looks. The pumpkin farm sounds awesome, we are seriously jipped when it comes to pumpkin patches around here. I'm still not used to seeing Madison with short hair, but it is totally cute on her. And how in the world do you do the links in your post (like the "Carpiniot Brothers" link)? I've messed around and can't figure it out.
Your porch looks GREAT! You did a great job with your jack-o-lanterns. You guys are pretty advanced with your carving skills. Impressive!
I love Madison's expression...very concentrated!
Post a Comment