Thursday, November 13, 2008

Trick-or-treat

***I know, Halloween feels like forever ago but I am just getting the pictures on here. We are having technical difficulties with our camera and computer, it seems they don't like each other any more!***

Madison has been wanting those sparkly red shoes from target for many years. Me, being the mean mom that I am, have never gotten them for her. Until this year she suggested she be Dorothy for Halloween. I thought that was a fantastic idea, considering the other options she suggested (Dora- um... no, a mermaid- brr, and a rock star- that one could have worked)

So Nana made her dress, we got the ruby red slippers at target, and we borrowed a copy of the Wizard of Oz so she could actually know who she was going to be. (Seriously, it was all about the shoes) We found Beckham the cutest little lion costume on clearance at the mall and we were set! Madison's bff from school decided she was going to be Dorothy as well so we invited her family over for a fun evening of home made pumpkin pizza, trick-or-treating, and hot cocoa. The kids didn't last too long outside but, they had just as much fun inside answering the door. We actually got rid of the 3 bags of candy I bought! I was even able to slip in a few handfuls of their own stash to hand out- shh, don't tell!

We also went to our church Halloween party where Beckham tried out his new Trick-or-treating skills for the first time. It didn't take long for him to catch on!

7 comments:

Liz said...

The kids look so cute!
What a smart boy Beckham is...to just ask for the treat!
(Madison looks like she is getting tall!)

Janessa said...

I'm glad Madison got her red sparkly shoes. Your kids look adorable. I love that video clip of Beckham. He is such a cutie!

Kristen said...

so cute!

foreveryoung said...

Oh my cuteness!! I love when parents do the theme costumes for their kids, I'm just never creative enough. There's always next year... I know the exact shoes you're talking about because Kylie has been begging me for them too. I'm trying to decide if they're too flashy for her school uniforms.

jenny said...

The kids look great! I love becks long hair. It looks like he belongs back in Cali. Time to move back!
We miss you!!

Anna said...

I love that Madison was dorothy and Beckham was a lion. They were soooo adorable! I love Hlloween. Costumes are so much fun!

jhoopes said...

I loved the costumes!! ADORABLE.