Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween week Menu

I had a little fun with dinners this week...

Monday

Monkey brains (Lion House sweet and sour meat balls), frog eggs, witch fingers, and worms in the mud for dessert
Tuesday
We had a party at church and we were supposed to bring chili. I told the kids we were making Witch's brew and let them toss in the spooky ingredients. We just made things up as we went along, like a pinch of skeleton bones, a can of beetles, a cup of blood etc... They loved it!

Wednesday
Mummy dogs, monster toe nails, and melon brain (I have no idea why that picture turned- sorry)
Thursday
worms, bread stick bones, lizard tails, and frozen frog eggs for dessert

Friday
Breakfast- Ghost Toast
Dinner- Pumpkin pizza (I just decorated a homemade pizza to look like a jack-o-lantern. I forgot to take the picture before it got eaten up!)

10 comments:

Kristen said...

Okay, if that doesn't make you mom of the year, I don't know what does. Kuddos to you!

foreveryoung said...

I LOVE it! What a great idea, I'm totally going to copy next year. Jodee, the rule is you need to tell me these great ideas BEFORE so I can copy them, please remember for future reference :) I don't know if I could manage eating monkey brains and witches fingers, but I'm sure the kids would love it.

jhoopes said...

How fun! And creative. I am impressed you did Halloween meals ALL week--that is quite the accomplishment!

Janessa said...

You are such a fun mom! You make everything fun! I'll definitely have to steal some of your ideas for next year. Thanks for sharing!

Maria said...

You are such a fun mom!

Liz said...

I was going to say the same thing Kristen said...you are definitely deserve mother of the year! You are the best mom!!

Rachel said...

OK. Seriously? You are making the rest of us look bad.

FYI-I'm so copying you next year. ;)

Alex and Heather said...

Wow! That is one dedicated mama! Good job!

val said...

so gross!!! Some of those things were so well done that I really dont think I could stomach them like the melon brain and pretty much the whole monday night meal. LOVED IT-

Melanie said...

How fun - I bet your kids loved it! What an awesome mom you are!