We have goats!
When I first heard that they would be bringing goats into our neighborhood to get rid of the weeds and tall grass I thought they were a bit crazy. I felt they were taking the "Green Living" thing a bit too far. Especially after hearing that it was a $30,000 project! However, after having them just over my fence in the back yard for a few days now, I am sort of getting used to the little guys. I have become quite fond of hearing them munch away on the weeds. The kids think it's great too; they like to find the babies, count the ones with horns and listen to them answer us when we "Maaaa" our loudest. They haven't been stinky or too loud and they are pretty funny to listen to at night when we are inside with the windows open. They have made quick work of clearing that grass out and are nearly done!
Lately I have really been yearning for some more land and have been dreaming about the day when we will have a big yard, big garden, small house and some chickens of our very own. Maybe I'll add a goat or two, just for fun!
Some kids hopped the electric fence that surrounds the goats and were messing with them. One even tried to ride one of the big guys with horns. My neighbor and I wanted the goat to give the kid a lesson right in the rear end but no such luck!.jpg)
9 comments:
$30k to feed som3eones elses goats! Wow! If you ever do have a yard big enough and live someplace it's allowed I recommend a pygmy goat. Goats are fun, keep your lawn short, and they make good shiskabobs too.
It's amazing the sounds that we get used to. Goats and Baa for you. Cars and the sounds of the freeway for us. Amazing the things that we put up with :) Enjoy the goats while they last. I do love a good gyro though.
I think the whole thing is very funny! Way cool, I'm glad you and the kids are enjoying them;)
Crazy!
Goats!? Wow, what a neat idea. There are a ton of them. What are they going to do with them when the grass is gone? I'll bet they are fun and interesting neighbors.
That looks like fun. I bet your kids love it. By the way, kuddos on the cake. I need some of your talent.
OMGOSH Jodes! This post is hilarious!! Goats in your back yard. I love it!
-Rosa
That is hilarious! How did they even come up with that idea? It's nice that you've got your own little rent-a-petting-zoo in your backyard (minus the petting part), how fun for your kids. And I hear you on the "wanting some land of your own" thing, although the chickens I would be a bit iffy on.
We were only able to 'visit' the goats. They work really well, eating away at all those weeds, but man, they are super
s m e l l y. I bet your kids loved it!
Post a Comment