a decade?
I have so many other posts to do that come before this but I am not sure when I will get to those and, well, I just really wanted to do this one.
Today Ronnie and I have been married for 10 years. When talking about it with him this morning we both felt that was such a long time but it went by so fast. 10 years just seems like a big chunk of time, maybe because it is. But it doesn't really feel like it's been that long since we said yes. It's funny to look back now and realize just how young we were. Our 20 and 22 year old minds were much different than they are now. We really did still have that "we know what we are doing, we are all grown up now" attitude. I think I realize now that we still don't know what we are doing and we are not all grown up now. The difference though, is that I appreciate that. I love that we still have so much to learn, so many things to see and do, and so many ways to grow together.
I am proud of us. We have taken full advantage of life; the opportunities and the obstacles it has given us. We have grown closer in good times and even closer during the bad. We have solid goals for the future and we appreciate each day we are given together.
I agree, It is hard to even think of life without you. We are just right, we fit, it just works better, together. I love you and can't wait for many more 10 years to come!
And now, a few things you may not know about R & J Chapman...
And now, a few things you may not know about R & J Chapman...
- We met at BYU while living near each other and attending church together
- We didn't date for a while since he thought I liked his roommate and I thought he liked mine.
- We kissed before our first official date
- After we finally started dating it didn't take long before we knew we would spend forever together
- We were married July 10th, 1999 in the Mt. Timpanogos LDS Temple
- Our first apartment was a small basement apartment with no heat (It was cold in the Utah winter)
- We graduated together. It was fitting because my parents were afraid I wouldn't graduate if I got married but the reality was, I probably wouldn't have graduated without him! I would still be going to school trying to figure out my major and how to get through a final without puking.
- We have moved ten times and lived in 6 different states.
- We enjoy long road trips, culinary adventures, and exploring different countries together.
- We certified for scuba in Honduras, learned the ins and outs of the NYC subway, explored the museums of DC, worked in the city of Baltimore, hiked the arches of Zion, combed the beaches of Hawaii, climbed pyramids in Mexico, expanded our taste buds in San Francisco, zip-lined through the jungle of Costa Rica, and currently explore the islands of the Puget Sound... together. (But what really makes me happy is that I can honestly say, in each and every one of these places we have been able to make lasting friendships along the way.)
- We enjoy touring new houses for sale even if we aren't "in the market to buy."
- Our favorite meal to cook together is grilled veggies and pork chimichurri
- We don't have much luck making babies, but when we do, they are stinkin' cute!
- We planned to go to the World Cup together in June of 2006 but instead, we named our baby Beckham in June of 2006
- We have a secret handshake
- We love going to concerts
- We prefer giving each other "experiences" rather than tangible gifts.
- We are not very good at yard work but are getting better, together.
- We don't like fast food unless it is in-n-out or shake shack
- Ronnie loves to fall asleep cuddling, I can't fall asleep if we are cuddling.
- We don't go out on Valentine's Day, instead we make dinner together.
- We both love many types of music except when it comes to Dixie Chicks and Monks
- Now that Madison knows how to spell we speak Spanish when we don't want the kids to know what we are saying. (It works on parents too.)
- We are usually really good at balancing each other out. When one of us is struggling, the other is strong. When one of us is stressed, the other can take more on. And when one of us is down, the other always picks them up.
- We both believe that every person has many people they could marry and be happy with but that there is only one person that is the best fit that they will be the happiest with. And we both know that we found that person.
I could go on, and maybe I will, but for here and now, I will stop. I love you babe. I love that we are each others best. And I love that every night I get to close my eyes next to you and every morning I open them, you are there. Happy Anniversary my love! Te amo.
15 comments:
You're post made me cry! I love you guys soooo much! Happy 10 year anny!
Love-Rosa
opps, your
you guys are the cutest :) I'm proud of you for all your adventures and accomplishments together, and how you grow stronger in the tough times! Here's to another great 10 years!
This was so fun to read!
Happy Anniversary. You guys are a great couple - that is so rare, and so beautiful.
Happy Anniversary Ronnie and Jodee! You guys are an amazing couple and we are glad to have you as friends!
Wonderful! What an inspiring post. You have done more in 10 years than we have in 25. We both congratulate you on your anniversary and pray many more fabulous ones come your way!
Isn't love wonderful?! You two make an amazing couple. Happy Anniversary!
So, I'm intrigued by this secret handshake...
excellent post. Secret handshake eh? I guess I don't know everything about you guys.
You guys are an excellent couple - and your post was so sweet. If you did all that in ten years, I'm interested to find out what you do in the next ten!
That was an awesome tribute! It made me laugh and think...I hope we are having that much fun!! :) I learned a lot about you and love that you fit each other perfectly. Here's to 10 more happy ones!! And then some more 10 and more 10...
"And I love that every night I get to close my eyes next to you and every morning I open them, you are there." Wow...how very poetic of you.
Nice tribute. And your kids are stinkin' cute!
Obviously there is much I could and would like to say about this post, but I'll keep my thoughts for Jodee's eyes/ears only. Suffice it to say I married up. Thanks babe.
You have such a way with words, sersiously sweet post. You guys really are such an amazing couple with so much to be proud of. Happy anniversary!
Congrats! We love you and are so happy you found the best;)
That was so sweet and sappy. I love it! You two sound like a match made in heaven. How wonderful to have your perfect someone to spend forever with. Happy anniversary!!!
Post a Comment