Parties, candy, ghosts, candy, trick-or-treating, candy, witches, candy, costumes, candy---you know, the usual...
The candy has gotten out of hand and I am tired of my life revolving around "can I have another piece of candy?" So, this year we are trading in our candy for coupons. I made some coupons with things like "mom cleans your room", "stay up late", "extra computer time", "special treat at the store" etc... and the kids trade in their candy to buy the coupons. Why didn't I do this sooner! They love it and so do we!
5 comments:
So does that mean that mom gets to eat all the candy, cause that would be a very dangerous thing around here. Cute idea, though! I'm jealous that you have real fall weather for Halloween, great pictures and adorable costumes!
What a great idea Jodes! I love the kids costumes and the pumkins! So cute!
-Rosa
They look so cute! I love all the costumes. That little pea in a pod is just asking for those adorable cheeks to be kissed. I love your candy plan. That's such a great idea. We didn't end up with that much candy this year since we just did our ward trunk-or-treat. Next year though, I'll have to remember that one! Oh, and your jack-o-lanterns look great!
Fun to get caught up on your blog. 3 applesauce canning days, go girl.Madison does look old in those pictures. She was sitting in front of me in the primary program today and I thought to myself she is getting older.
Your kids are just too cute! And like you, we are swimming in candy...but I just start throwing some here and there away (often after the kiddos are in bed.) I think your idea sounds way nicer...I better take notes! :)
Post a Comment