Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ringin' in 2011 with 11 degree temps!

That's right, it gets cold here in WA, dang cold!  We thought it might be fun to rent a house, pack up the kids, drag some friends along and celebrate 1-1-11 in Leavenworth.  It's a cute little town with a quaint village that gets all decked out in lights during the holidays.  Ronnie and I had never been so we took our pals the Molens who are seasoned Leavenworth goers (once qualifies you right?).  The house we rented was in Wenatchee, about a half hour from Leavenworth.  We thought it would be perfect- hot tub, ping pong table, golf course view, and plenty of bedrooms for all.  Little did we know, our kids would be perfectly content playing all day with each other, spinning on the funky red stools, cramming themselves into one bed, and having a blast just being together.  Mix in a little hot tubbing, games, photo shoots, kissing at midnight (the adults, not the kids), bowling and a lot of chatting, and you get a pretty great weekend!

Oh yeah, and Leavenworth, well... we spent about 2 hours in that town and we were DONE!!!  It was so cold that the kids only lasted about 20 min. on the sledding hill they have in the middle of town.  I think it took at least that long to get them into their snow clothes!  Alisha and I only went in a handful of stores because most of them were closed and the ones that weren't were packed with people trying to stay warm.  Starbucks had a line out the door so we all headed to McDonalds for some hot chocolate before doing a drive by of the beautiful lights and then bookin' it back to Wenatchee.  We ordered some pizza and all was well.

We realized as we were driving home the next day that although we had the best time, we really didn't need to go all the way out to Leavenworth and rent a house.  We just need the Molens and a few red stools to keep the kids entertained and we've got ourselves a blast!

Pictures courtesy of Mateo









 Matt took some pics for us since my "christmas card photo shoot" failed miserable.  Hence, the Happy New Year card we sent out this year...
Anyway, they were all SO good and I had the hardest time deciding what pic to use for the card.  Here are a few more of my favorites!



 Bex had fallen the week before we left and had a pretty nasty scrape on his nose.  Matt was able to edit it out but it was fun to have a few with because most of the time, this kids has some sort of scrape, bruise or cast on his body.



 And some really great blurry yellow bowling pictures from the amateur,
 that would be me!  Can I still use the "I was sick" excuse?


8 comments:

Marisa said...

so cute and fun! your kids look so grown up even though I just saw them!

Alisha said...

It was a blast! Thanks for taking us with you. : )

You got some really nice sledding action pics!

Ah, the memories! Let's do it again! Next time in Kent!

Janessa said...

That sounds like a blast - minus the cold weather. I love the sledding pictures! They turned out great! As long as the kids were okay sledding long enough to get in some good pictures, that's all that matters. The photo shoot pictures are adorable too. You have such photogenic kids. I love the scrapted nose. Totally part of being a little boy:)

Jodee said...

I just need to clear this up...I can NOT take credit for those sledding pictures. ALL pictures were snapped by Matt except the crappy bowling ones at the end!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! I love the picture of all three of them together. Would you mind sending it to me? Maddie is looking more like you, Jodes. Everytime I read your bloggy, it makes me think of all the fun time we have had together. I think I need to come out for a visit very soon! I miss you guys.

Love,
Rosa

foreveryoung said...

I'm cold just reading this, but what a fun getaway! Such cute pictures of your kids, they all have such gorgeous eyes. Fun to have such great friends to celebrate with, happy new year!

The Teeples Times said...

sounds like a fun weekend! Loved your New Years card - the pics were great! Your kids are so dang cute! Hope your 2011 is wonderful and you're doing well.

linda said...

Ok. I know you exist, but do you really? You have got to get in the photos girl!!! Where in the world are you?!
Yes. I am loving the posts. Don't get me wrong. It's great for us to see the Chapmans (minus Jodee) somehow, if not in person. Get in those photos and post them. Gotta see your beautiful face.
love linda