Friday, January 07, 2011

Christmas 2010

Christmas this year was full of anticipation, excitement, stress, food, family, friends, and a sick momma.  We are still working on getting rid of the food and sick part... ugh!
We started Christmas eve having dinner with wonderful friends, watching the kids "talent" show and trying to add a bit of the spirit with a live nativity.  It was a blast for sure and so nice to spend the evening with friends.
Madison playing the Music Maker while Beckham sings "I am a Child of God"
two little shepherd boys
She knows she's an angel ;)
Hilarious!
Then it was home to open pajamas, read our Christmas book, prepare for santa and get to sleep (well, some of us had to stay up really late and wrap presents- yet another thing mommy didn't get done before Christmas!)
Of course Santa would like the Y cookie, he's totally a cougar fan!



Ronnie's parents and littlest sister flew in from Utah late Christmas Eve.  I think they were the best presents on Christmas morning for sure!
I woke up Christmas Morning to the gift of not being able to swallow.  My nasty cold I had been battling for the past 2 weeks decided to step it up a notch.  I was already mad that I hadn't been able to complete all my before Christmas plans because I was so sick and now I was going to miss out on all the Christmas fun!
But despite me feeling like death, and hardly picking up the camera, the kids had a blast opening presents, playing with toys, and tiring out grandma, grandpa, and Bethie.



(No joke, that is as good as the pictures get from Christmas day... sorry!)

The rest of the week Ronnie was able to take time off of work so someone could show his parents a good time while I stayed home downing the Advil!  They went to Vashon Island, Point Defiance Zoo, Snowflake Lane, and even managed to paint Madison's room and do other projects around the house. 



I made it out of the house for a fun girls day of getting Madison's ears pierced, shopping and lunch.  She was so brave and is doing a great job taking care of them.
(photos from my phone... again, not the best week in the mom department!)


 Despite me being a terrible hostess, it was so nice having Ronnie's family here to entertain the kids, help cook and clean and even take down the Christmas tree!  We are very lucky to have such wonderful family!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I had a rough Christmas day too...I did not feel great as well. I am glad you are feeling better!!! By the way, we loved having your kids over during the break!

Janessa said...

Man, rough Christmas. Sounds a lot like Jamie's. You poor girls! I'm glad you managed to get a few pictures and enjoy some extra help from a wonderful family. I hope you're feeling a lot better!!!

foreveryoung said...

Definately bosom buddies, I know your pain! The swallowing part is the worst, especially at night when your throat is so dry. Enough of the bad, let's focus on the good! I hope you're feeling better now and seeing these pictures is making me miss Christmas already! Madison looks so grown up with her earrings, what a big day in the life of a little girl!

jhoopes said...

I love that Madison flipped her hair back when I saw her the other day.:) How can you not notice those adorable and sparkly earrings??? How exciting! Glad to hear you survived Christmas on many levels!! ;)