Friday, December 24, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

Once again we found ourselves at Trinity Tree Farm, scouring over 75 dollar trees, kicking ourselves for not taking the time to get a 5 dollar tree tag and venture out in the woods like we have in years past.  Time, sick kids and family events were not on our side this year.  But, we have resolved once and for all, to seek out our spot and venture out into the woods next year.  Hold us accountable will ya?

This year was still adventurous, even though we were at a tree farm.
After searching and searching we finally found the one that we thought would work... Madison was settled on another tree but Daddy knows best when he told her "mommy gets to pick the tree, in 11 years of picking out trees, she has never let me down."  
That's right!
The kids watched while dad worked hard...
Grace was THRILLED to be getting a Christmas tree...
 But how will we get it ALL the way back to the car?  
No worries kids, i've been working out!

 Oh yeah!
 He lugged it back, wrapped it up, and then... I found a better one, the same price, right next to the parking lot!  Yeah, you better believe we traded.  I'm not sure that Ronnie was too happy with me at the time... I just told him to look on the bright side, we got the best of both experiences; hiking around the farm and cutting one down AND a really pretty tree with no "bad side".  I think he wanted to take back his advice to Madison.

So it was back home to stand it up and decorate it.




 The end.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Hilarious post!

(And it reminds me why we have a fake tree...)

Merry Christmas you guys. Thanks for being such great friends.

Marisa said...

we'll go with you next year with a tree tag! and I love the pic of Madison next to the tree with the Santa hat, it's perfect!

foreveryoung said...

What a great tradition! We used to always get real trees growing up and I loved it. It's a little anticlimatic to just pull the tree box out of the garage. The kids have even lost the excitement of putting it together, but I can't really blame them :)