Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Summer Camp and rafting

At the end of last school year Madison's 3rd grade teacher informed me that Ms. Miller, the music teacher, thinks Madison NEEDS to be in theatre.  Madison overheard our conversation and came home beaming that she was a "drama queen".  Oh if she only knew how true those words were!  She has become quite the little actress and with choir and dance, she is well on her way to being a triple threat.  She starred in her Merlin musical last year and had a speaking roll in the 3rd grade musical.  She really loves acting, singing, dancing and art so, when my sister informed me of the camp she was teaching at this summer we knew Madison just had to be there.

 She went to stay for 2 weeks with my sister in Eugene and was reunited with one of her friends from San Francisco, Avalon.  Together the girls attended the camp that my sister works at, Imagine That.  It is a four part camp which fits Madison perfectly right now.  They sing, dance, act, and create the set for a play that they preform at the end of the 2 weeks. She loved every bit of it, especially dancing with her Aunty Kellee. She made the cutest little monkey and still sings the silly songs around the house.

 Madison and Avalon after the show selling the bags that Madison sewed.

While at Kellee's, they were busy sewing, crafting, drawing, playing, visiting farms, fairs, and parks.  She is already counting the days to go back again next summer!
 My little seamstress
 felting animals
 On the bus to the Country Fair with Robb




Cuddling with Avalon
 Enjoying the view out the back window

Ronnie, Grace and I drove up to see her performance and then we all headed over to meet my parents who had Beckham for Nana camp.  It was just Grace, Ronnie and I for a week and it was so strange.  Going back to one kid was nice for a while but I sure missed my big kids.  Bex had a blast with Nana and Papa camping, fishing, and getting spoiled rotten.

We all met in Central Oregon where Kellee, Robb, Ronnie and I went white water rafting.  My parents had given us a trip for Christmas and it proved to be a really great time.  We had a blast and surely want to go again sometime.  I don't have any rafting pics, just a few from the night of camping we did before our excursion.  One night was enough with Grace, somehow she ended up in my sleeping bag kicking my ribs all night long.


 Ready to go

 My mom sent me these of our dance party the night before rafting and some that she took while they were watching the kids during our rafting trip.
 I have no idea what is going on here but I love it!



2 comments:

foreveryoung said...

Your family is so amazing, I hope your kids know how lucky they are (I'm sure they do)! Everything in this post sounds amazing, what awesome experiences for your kids and for you!

Shelly said...

So fun for Maddie! Your sister is awesome!