Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Ragnar

Ronnie ran Ragnar Northwest Passage again this year.  He really loves running but especially these relay races where he gets to spend 2 days trapped inside a car with 5 other stinky and sweaty guys and run through the day and night on little to no sleep.  Fun right?  Well let's just say I am more than happy to spend the weekend with the kids showing my old college roommate around Seattle while her husband gets sucked into the Ragnar craziness.

Star and I were on the same floor in our dorms at BYU.  We were goofy freshman together and then decided to move to an apartment with our friend Heather our Sophomore year.  We had some crazy times and my start at BYU was much better because of those two.  Since we have been married we have kept in touch but think our husbands may keep in touch even better than we do.
It was so wonderful that she could come out with Chris this time so that we could all meet little Lakely.  Madison was at camp in Oregon with my sister so it was just Bex and the little girls.  Lakely fell in love with Beckham and he still talks about her often.  They were so adorable together and I think my phone was flooded with pictures of the two.

We started off with the boys at Pikes, the gum wall, and the space needle.  True to Chapman tradition, Star caught a fish!  My kids think this is just what you do when you go to the fish market.  They don't realize how super cool this is!  They don't let just anybody get up there but so far, we are 4 for 4!





The Gum wall.  This place totally creeps me out!  SO GROSS!!!

Lakely preferred to gum her toes






They were adorable taking pics of their little girl
Grace loved the latin band playing at the Space Needle.  She was shakin' it!

The boys went off to run and Beckham, Grace and I tried to show Star and Lake a little more of our hood.  
 I think Grace enjoyed her snow cone at the farmers market






Ballard Locks



Seattle Aquarium



Grace did not like the seagulls at Ivars.  This is her the whole time yelling "go away!"

Pine Lake




 Oh yeah, I guess the boys had fun too...

 Starting off at the US/Canada border
My running man

Ronnie hands off to Tom

Greg was tired.
 Chris ready to go
 Finishers!  2 days, 200 miles, little sleep, lots of fun!
Scott, Brian, Tom, Ronnie, Chris, Andrew, Mike, Ryan, Mycah, John, Greg, Kyle

3 comments:

foreveryoung said...

This reminded me of my visit! So glad I didn't break your 4 for 4 record, it was a close one :) I remember meeting Star, her little girl is adorable! I can't believe how old Grace looks next to her and I love how Bex is so fascinated by her. Hats off to Ronnie, he really is a running machine!

jhoopes said...

Looks like such a blast! (The tourist spots, not the running!) But seriously Jodee, we need to get on this Ragnar train--at least once! Are you with me?!

Melanie said...

How fun to have friends here! You definitely show your visitors a great time!