missing pieces
I have been avoiding the inevitable and it isn't helping me feel any better so I better just get this over with. I had about 4 months worth of pictures on our SD card in my camera that needed to be dumped on the computer. I sat down to do this (months ago) and somehow, lost them. all of them. It makes me sick thinking about it. OK, it actually makes me really mad and want to cry every time I think about how easy it would have been to just get those pictures off and blog them already! So mad that I am this far behind and now don't even have pictures to catch up with. So mad that I hit the "delete pictures from card" button before I made sure they were all on the computer! So so so so mad! I really need to get over this. So, here I am, getting over it. My one big long post of march through June. A lot happened in those months...Thank goodness for my phone and my laziness because I do have some iphone pics! Hang on people, this may be a bit rough...
St. Patricks day. It was another crazy night for those silly leprechauns that like to visit us. They played with legos, made a crazy jungle gym, messed up our toys, and left us lots of green treats.
In April I had a fantastic birthday where Ronnie and I went to see Cold Play in Seattle. They are definitely one of our favorite concerts to see. They always put on a great show.
My mom was able to be here for Mother's day and we were so grateful for that. Her only request was crab so Ronnie took us to Pike's Market where we picked out some good ones and we all sat down and cracked away.
Easter was beautiful. It was spent with friends who we feel are more like family. Our home was filled with good food and so much love.
T-ball. This one really gets me. My little man was so cute in his t-ball uniform out on that big baseball diamond. I took many many pictures of him and his friends having so much fun. Breath... getting over this... He had a blast with his cute buddies.
she is obsessed with Dora
For his birthday party he chose to take some of his friends and go to sky high where they bounced and bounced on the trampolines before heading to the park for some Star Wars themed fun. I know he had a blast, I just wish I had the pictures to prove it. Sorry buddy.
Kindergarten and third grade were a blast. The kids both loved their teachers and made some pretty stellar friends. They still like school and that is all I ask. Beckham lucked out and had some close friends that he already knew in his class. Madison on the other hand started all over in a new school with all new kids. She was nervous but we knew that she would make new friends fast, and that she did.
We went to Ben and Jerry's to celebrate the last day of school and to say goodbye to our sweet friends who moved to Utah. Yes people, this is the ONLY picture I have of the last day of school! Ugh, this is getting worse...
Right after school got out we headed off to Utah for Ronnie's family reunion at Spring Haven. Again, hundreds of fun pictures... They might have included cousins playing, new babies, snow cone faces, relay races, family talent show, and just a crazy bunch of people who all love and support each other. All i've got is this shot of Grace sleeping next to me. She would NOT sleep in her pack n play this trip. At least she was cute.
I left early so that I could fly back up to Washington for my cousins wedding. I was asked to take her pictures--pressure! But I am so glad she asked. And SO glad her husband was so diligent about copying the photos right to his laptop before I left. At first I was hesitant, I hadn't edited any of them and that felt like being naked or something. But now, I am so grateful he insisted. SO grateful for that. I can't even think about that.
This is where my pictures start again but only half way through the wedding.
It was a beautiful ceremony at the most spectacular gardens! I was challenged with the wedding being at noon and the sun high in the sky. Luckily we found some shade after to take family pictures in. It was so good to see my family and spend time with them. Thank you Joe and Lindsay, it was an honor to photograph your special day.












2 comments:
Ohhhnoooo, I'm so sick for you. Atleast you have the phone pics, and if it makes you feel any better, I have like one scrapbook of my entire life growing up and I turned out just fine (although I am a little OCD about documenting every.single.minute.of.every.single.day...never thought of the connection before :). I loved reading the cliff's notes version of your last few months. Your St. Patrick's days are always the best. I always want to copy but then we're always out of town for spring break. Anyways, super long comment, but love ya and keep plugging away at the blog!
Oh, sadness! I will probably do something like that at some point. Actually. it's a miracle it hasn't happened yet! Nice recap though and I enjoyed the sprinkling of pictures that you have. I can't believe your baby is two now! Crazy! She is as cute as can be though. How awesome that you got to photograph a wedding! That is my dream/fear. Oh, the pressure! You handled it well. I'd love to see some more pictures that you took from the wedding! Hope your kids are enjoying a new school year! Thanks for the update:)
Post a Comment