Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Halloween 2012

Oh Halloween how I loath thee.  
I do however, love me some fall.  
We went back to our favorite pumpkin patch and took our favorite hay ride out to pick our favorite pumpkins.
It was cold, a little windy, and just as it should be.













 After all was picked, weighed, and wheelbarrowed away it was time to warm up with some hot cider and call it a day.


 Later in the week we carved them up in our house (with yellow, horribly bad lighting- sorry!) 
Oh and mark my words--This is the LAST year Ronnie and I will be carving such characters as Darth Maul or a Storm Trooper.  It is back to designing and carving your own simple run of the mill jack-o-lantern.  Done!

 Yes people, remember this because he NEVER wants to put his hands in there.



 Annual church Halloween party
 And to round off the festivities, we cooked up a spooky meal and then headed out for my least favorite part-- walking around the neighborhood in strange costumes asking neighbors to give you candy or you will play a trick on them.  What?!?  How did this ever become an acceptable holiday?
However, I will say that my Bobo Fett, Spanish Senorita, and Hermione were pretty darn cute out there!



3 comments:

foreveryoung said...

I can't believe you don't like Halloween, it's like my favorite! Of course I have like a mega sweet tooth and eat more candy than the kids :) You do luck out to have such an awesome pumpkin patch so close and your kids are stinking adorable! And amen to the carving, now that is something I could do with out.

Melanie said...

Cutest Halloween pics Jodee! Your kids are just darling. And I agree, we carved a Yoda pumpkin one year using a template and although the kids loved it, Brandon and I decided we were not doing that again.

It was sure fun having your family over! We miss seeing you guys so often!

Janessa said...

Grace stole the show with this post. That first and last picture are just to darn cute! I wish we had a good pumpkin patch here. We had the perfect one in Iowa but have yet to find a replacement in Texas. Impressive jack-o-lanterns!