Marathon Man
In October Ronnie completed his first official Marathon. He ran the Portland Marathon and his four biggest fans were there cheering him on. Finishing a marathon has always been a goal of Ronnie's. He trained for one about 6 years ago while we were living in California. He had planned to run the first ever Eugene, OR marathon but ended up pulling his calf muscle on one of his long training runs. I think it was harder on him than he let on. He has always loved long distance running and not being able to do it was a huge disappointment. That injury nagged him for years until he was finally able to figure out a good strength/cardio routine. As many of you know he lost over 30lbs and was able to finally heal his calf completely. We are so proud of all his hard work and determination. He really does do everything he puts his mind to- which scares me and thrills me all at the same time.
As we were driving down to Portland I told Ronnie that training and running a marathon is a huge deal for most people. It takes huge life changes to complete such a task. But for him, it seemed like no big deal. Sure, he was gone for a few hours on Sat. morning for his longer runs but really, it seemed like he just breezed through it all. No injuries this time, no complaining (which we all know I would have taken full advantage of), and just a few more miles each week seemed to be easy-peasy. I was truly in awe of what he did and continues to do each day. Without getting too sappy or gooey I will just say; he inspires me and makes me want to be better. He is my hot yogi Klahani fitness bench pressing marathon man. I love you babe, way to be!
He said it was harder than he thought it would be. His legs were so tired and he had moments of wanting to stop but he never did. He was sore and walked funny for a few days but I guess he is a sucker for pain because he already has plans for another one. And I will be right there cheering him on.













5 comments:
Well-said, Jodee...nice tribute! He is an inspiration for me too.
Such an amazing accomplishment, you have every right to be proud of your man!
WOW, Congratulations Ronnie! Truly an inspiration! And I love the picture of the "giant" Madison, it does look like that!
It is a huge accomplishment...way to go Ronnie. And way to support him Jodee. Love all the pics of your family.
What an accomplishment! He's lucky to have such a cute fan club cheering him on!
Post a Comment