Sunday, April 08, 2007

Fun in the...Fog!


We went to the coast today and I thought I would try out a new collage for some fun pictures. We live about 20-25 min. from the beach but decided to take the scenic route and headed a round about way through the trees around the mountains, and up the coast. It was a pretty drive that we ended at the beach for some fun in the sand. Madison absolutely loves the beach and didn't want to leave. It was a little cold and cloudy but that didn't bother her a bit, she was ready to go swimming! There were some crazy surfers out today that we got to watch catch a few waves. Bex enjoyed the backpack; especially when I would run with Madison from the waves or spin around in circles for a fun ride. After wading in the water, running from the waves, and writing our names in the sand we headed over to a yummy restaurant on the water for some clam chowder and mussels. Madison loves mussels and she gulps them down as she exclaims "open up you silly mussel!" We had to take pictures of her eating them because nobody believes us that this kid eats these things.

We had a fun day at the beach and it reminded us, once again, just how lucky we are to live in such an amazing place. We hope you all have a beautiful Easter Sunday!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

How cute is your collage? I LOVE it!

foreveryoung said...

I love your collage too, you'll have to teach me! What fun Easter memories and I still can't believe Maddie eats those things AND likes them! I think the photos are staged... :)

Jodee said...

Ha Ha, did you see the girls slimy fingers and her trying to chew that thing in the first pic.? She was diggin in!

Janessa said...

Mussels? Is she just not a picky eater or does she have a thing for mussels? I'm impressed! How did you do that collage? Teach us all. Glad you had fun Easter with your cute little family!

Jodee said...

Yes, she is just not a picky eater, she will eat pretty much anything!
And my new love is Picasa, you can download it from blogger, it is so sweet, that is where I did the collage. It is free to download and it is so nice and easy for organizing and editing pictures. It is like a poor mans photoshop. Not quite as fancy but it is way easier and doesn't cost $300+ You all should download it, it automatically finds your pictures on your computer and copies them and organizes them. But, it doesn't delete or change where you have them stored on your computer!
It's wonderful!

Janessa said...

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check it out!