Happy Birthday to me!
One year older! I am starting to get to the point where I feel... a little ... old! I had my 28th birthday, 30 is not far away, I got an email about my 10 year high school reunion, and realized that kids I used to baby sit are graduating high school! I am feelin' it! However, my wonderful husband and good friends helped me feel better with a great 28th birthday. I was surprised Monday night by Rosa, bringing me dinner and a cake. She is so good to us! We had a fun evening hanging out, eating yummy Mexican food, and Cold Stone ice cream cake. Tuesday she watched the kids while Ronnie and I went out. We had a wonderful dinner at a french restaurant in the

city. As you all know we love exploring the fine dining that San Francisco has to offer. This restaurant didn't dissapoint, it was 4 courses of not only beautiful, but also tasty food. I wish I had my camera with me, each plate they brought out looked as good as it tasted. My favorite had to be the asparagus soup or the lemon gelee that surrounded the lobster--mmmm. After dinner we went to see the new Broadway play Jersey Boys. It is stopping here in SF for a while before it hits Broadway in NY. It is the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. It was great, so many good songs that made me think of my dad. I grew up on that music so it was so fun to hear it all. I never knew how much I loved the theatre, but I do enjoy a good Broadway show. I have seen 4 now and have absolutely loved them all! I was once again spoiled rotten for my birthday!
Beckham has this little blanket that he has become attached to and likes to sleep with. It is so soft and so warm, I have never felt anything like it. It is fury on one side and just silky soft on the other. I looked online at the company that makes it, which is based here in San Francisco, and lo and behold, they make adult ones. We got one for Rosa last year for Christmas and ever since I have wanted one myself. So, Ronnie got me one this year and I LOVE IT! It is my little piece of heaven. I try and find excuses to be able to cuddle up with it each day. It is the softest, warmest thing ever! Only problem is that Beckham gets a little confused by it and when he feels it he automatically sticks his fingers in his mouth and lays his head on it.

This weekend I was able to get Ronnie away from the NFL Draft to go explore the city. We went to the presidio near the base of the Golden Gate Bridge to walk the beach, play in the sand, and run from the waves. Beckham proved to fit right in with this beach-loving family and had a blast playing in the sand. He dug right in, getting sand everywhere. He crawled all over, chasing Madison right down to the water. I didn't let him get wet but I think he may have liked to. We walked up to the pier to watch the surfers, wind surfers, and kite surfers for a while and then headed across the bridge to Tiburon. Tiburon/Belvedere is North of San Francisco and has some amazing views of the bay. We drove around for a little bit looking at the huge houses on the cliffs before heading down to eat at a local pizza restaurant. It was such a nice day, the weather was perfect and I couldn't ask for better company!
In other news this week, Bex got his first real owie. He was on Madison's bed (a mattress on the ground) with Ronnie and Madison reading books, when Ronnie turned to do something with Madison and he fell off the bed. He hit his head on the changing table and got a cut above his eye. It didn't look too bad at first but it bled for quite a while and was pretty deep. He had a big red mark that I was sure was going to turn into a lump or a bruise. But, when he woke up in the morning it was all better, no bruise or anything. The cut now looks like a small scrape. Daddy felt horrible, but I was actually surprised this was the first time he has gotten truly hurt. He climbs up on everything, he is such a little monkey.
Today we were able to have Peter, Liz, and Max over for dinner. Liz and I are still amazed at how cute the boys are together. They get so excited when they see each other. With huge smiles on their faces they crawl as fast as their little arms and legs can go to greet one another. We are so blessed to have such great friends.
This weekend we are headed to LA for a small getaway. Ronnie has a conference there for work next week so we thought we would make it into a little vacation as well. We hope it is nice and warm, we are ready for the beach!
One year older! I am starting to get to the point where I feel... a little ... old! I had my 28th birthday, 30 is not far away, I got an email about my 10 year high school reunion, and realized that kids I used to baby sit are graduating high school! I am feelin' it! However, my wonderful husband and good friends helped me feel better with a great 28th birthday. I was surprised Monday night by Rosa, bringing me dinner and a cake. She is so good to us! We had a fun evening hanging out, eating yummy Mexican food, and Cold Stone ice cream cake. Tuesday she watched the kids while Ronnie and I went out. We had a wonderful dinner at a french restaurant in the
Today we were able to have Peter, Liz, and Max over for dinner. Liz and I are still amazed at how cute the boys are together. They get so excited when they see each other. With huge smiles on their faces they crawl as fast as their little arms and legs can go to greet one another. We are so blessed to have such great friends.
This weekend we are headed to LA for a small getaway. Ronnie has a conference there for work next week so we thought we would make it into a little vacation as well. We hope it is nice and warm, we are ready for the beach!
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Jodee!
What's the name of the blanket store?
Thanks Susan!
It is Baby Jak
www.babyjak.com
happy Bday. Two years until it is all down hill, so live it up while you can. Put some temporary red streaks in your hair, wear a lot of bright colored makeup, dress funky and take Ronnie to the nearest Techno club!
Happy Birthday, BFF!!!! Sorry I've been slacking in the blog department (esp. the blog comment department :), but I've loved getting all up to date with your cute fam. I'm glad you had such a fabulous b-bay, you really are so spoiled :) I'm glad Bex's owie is getting better, poor kid. What a fun day in the city and I hope you have a wonderful time in LA, can't wait to hear all about it!
Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a fun day with yummy food and fun presents. I love the new blanket! I'm going to hit 28 in July. It's nice to see that it can be done and still maintain a sense of cute and young. You make it look easy! I'm glad Beckham was quick on the rebound with his owie! Poor guy! That picture of him in the sand is adorable! Hope you have fun on your little get away!
Hey, So thanks for the comment. We are so blessed that nothing bad happened to us. It is a good lesson to be learned for us moms. That's great you had a nice birthday--gotta love getting older!
I told Steve about the reunion and we are probably not going to be able to make it out there. He has limited vacation time, so we will have to stay out on the east coast for a while. 10 years--wow, that is crazy. I always joke how old Steve is--haha!!
Happy Birthday! I was salivating over the lobster. I need to eat out somewhere other than McDonalds every once in a while! :)
I'm on pins and needles waiting for the low down on your LA trip! By the way, did you get my message, I even sang to you :) I still want to get that address, maybe I'll give you a call tomorrow now that you're on my fave 5 :) (no more waiting until after 8:00 or the weekend, ha! ha!)
Post a Comment