Sunday, April 15, 2007

Gimme some lovin' buddy!
Finally, a picture of Max and Beckham. This is a classic too, they are always trying to eat each other. We think it is their way of showing just how much they love each other!

We started the week off with a rip roarin' rodeo! My maintenance man gave us a family ticket to the Grand National Rodeo that comes to the Bay Area each year. Fittingly, the Rodeo took place at an arena in South San Francisco called The Cow Palace. We took full advantage of the free family fun and are glad we did. The kids had a blast. Madison thought it was pretty funny to see the guys fall off the horses and bulls. She was also pleased to see the clown get head butted by the bull, good thing he was hiding inside the barrel. And Beckham thoroughly enjoyed the lights and music. Each time the music came on he was rockin' back and fourth groovin' to the tunes. The most memorable part for Ronnie was purchasing the most expensive home made beef jerky either of us had ever come across: $15 for less than 1/4 of a pound. It was nice to be together and see a show we rarely get to see in the city.
We also were able to have a few play dates this week. One trip was to Happy Hollow, a cute amusement park in San Jose that has little rides, play areas, and a zoo. We met up with our friends Misty, Aya, Liz, and Max. Beckham was happy to see his best buddy Max. I feel like I talk about the two of them together enough that I thought a few pictures would be nice. They are truly little buddies and are both such smiley babies, we love 'em! Madison was happy to have Aya there to keep her company and go on a few rides with her. It was a nice sunny day and we had a great time at Happy Hollow. One funny story: I took Madison on a few more rides after our friends left and on the lady bug ride, a nice Indian man, who was operating the ride, was trying to tell the kids to scream if they liked the ride. He told them that if they did, they could go again. So, they all did their best to scream each time they went around. At the end of the ride he asked, in his rather thick accent, "Who didn't scream?" Well Madison thought he asked "Who screamed" so she raised her hand and yelled, "I did!" So over the microphone, the man replies, "then get off!" Too see the look on her face would have made you cry, she was crushed. She got off the ride and said, "but mommy, I screamed, can't I go again?" We got right back in line and went again!

Saturday we met up with Peter, Liz, and Max again and went out to dinner in Palo Alto. It is so nice to have good friends close by, especially when family is so far away! Beckham and Max had fun sharing food and dropping toys on the floor. It seems that each time Liz and I get together we find another similarity between us. We were talking about our in-laws coming into town this week and we realized they are coming in on the same flight and going home on the same one as well. Maybe we will hook up this week and do a few touristy things together! After dinner Ronnie wanted to take Madison to her first Krispy Kreme experience. She loves watching cooking shows with me and the other day was watching a segment on all 'things fried'. She thought it was pretty interesting how they made donuts so we decided to let her see them up close and personal. Who could say no to a Krispy Kreme trip? I don't really like donuts but will eat these when they are hot! And it was just our luck that the "Hot Donuts Now" sign was lit up when we pulled into the parking lot. Yummy!


This last picture is for all you moms out there- Don't you hate it when you turn your back for a second? He looks so guilty! Don't worry, he didn't get any in his mouth, he actually got pretty mad because they got stuck on the bottom of his feet and he couldn't walk. Have a great week!





5 comments:

foreveryoung said...

You have been busy, girl! What fun outings. Seeing the pictures of Bex with his little buddy reminded me of Kylie and Maddie as babies, awwww. It toatlly looks like the goat is about to eat Beckham in the picture on your collage. And what a mean man, I can't believe he really made Maddie get off! I can't wait to hear what fun things you do with your in-laws, have fun!

Carson Calderwood said...

Did ronnie wear his boots and chaps? Don't tell me he doesn't have chaps, I've heard the crazy rumors about ronnie running around in his chaps ;)

Janessa said...

What a fun week! I love the new collage. Your blog and pictures always look so cute. Having such cute kids makes it easy to end up with cute pictures, I guess. That picture of Beckham getting into the chocolate chips is great! Maddie looks like she had fun on all the amusement rides. I felt so bad about her lady bug ride story. Poor girl! Did she scream the next time around?

Lindsay said...

Hey, the reason I want to go private is because I put this new program on my blog--statcounter.com and it lets me know who is looking at my blog (the state they are in) and for how long. It freaked me out because they are people looking at it from a lot of different countries. My friend also had some crazy comments on her blog so we've all decided to go private. I'll just need your email if you want to still want to look at our blog. BTW, your little Beckham looks so cute in that first picture--gotta love those big wet kisses!!

Lindsay said...

Hey, that does make sense what you were saying about the counter. I think I am going to give it a while longer before I go private (if I even do) Like I said before, nothing bad has happened and going private just makes it harder for people you want, to look at your blog. I read that post from Heather and I do agree with what she is saying. I think I kind of jumped the gun on this whole "privacy" issue when I saw that someone from the Netherlands was looking at my blog. It's nice to know that having a private blog is an option if I feel like crazy people are looking at my little girl!! Too bad that there are so many psychos out there, that this is even an issue!