Saturday, June 16, 2007

To my wonderful husband on Father's Day...

What a great daddy you are. I am so blessed to be married to such a wonderful man who loves his family like you do. Our kids are the luckiest to have such a loving daddy who supports them in every way. We love you Ronnie, "we love you like a billion!"



I thought I would see if Madison could help me out with the blog this week, this is what she would like to add about her daddy...

"I love you daddy, you are my daddy who is so sweet. I love to go to the castle with you and go on lots of daddy daughter dates. I love my daddy because he plays with me and he is so silly. I like it when he sleeps with me for five minutes and tells me stories. My daddy is my favorite daddy who sings to me and just sometimes he sings silly songs. Happy Father's Day daddy, I hope that you have a nice day with mommy and Beckham and me."


And lastly, a few things you may or may not know about our Ronnie:
  • He is the biggest BYU fan out there
  • He loves to collect coffee table books
  • He has a passion for the stock market
  • He loves ice cream, sushi, mussels, lemon chicken, and anything "freshy fresh"
  • Ronnie has a special place in his heart for the people of Honduras where he served his mission- he wants to go back and start a non-profit called "casas para catrachas"
  • Ronnie loves to try new things... restaurants, vacation spots, beaches...
  • Ronnie loves to look at maps and collect them
  • He loves golf, not just for the sport but he loves the scenery
  • Ronnie now enjoys country music- and it only took nearly 8 years.
  • He loves to show off his kids and will bring them with him anywhere he can, even rock concerts
  • Ronnie is a great runner and can't wait for his leg to heal so he can get back to training for a marathon
  • Ronnie has cried only a handful of times since I met him- wedding, birth of children, and when his daughter sang the BYU fight song at a season opening football game! Oh yeah, and when he watches Hoosiers or Rudy!
  • Ronnie loves surprises, especially surprising me- and I don't like surprises!
  • Ronnie is one of the smartest people you will ever meet: Valedictorian, 4.0 GPA, scholarship, Magna Cume Laude graduate, top 10 grad school... need I go on?
  • He is also one of the most humble people you will meet and will probably kill me for posting this!
  • Ronnie loves his family, his church, his work, and finds time to balance them all.
  • Ronnie loves watching the Amazing Race and when he does he always tells me- "See Jodee, if we were on this show, we would have totally beat them!"
  • Ronnie loves road trips, he just likes to be in the car, with his favorite people, listening to his favorite music.
  • He does laundry, dishes, diapers, and foot massages! Sorry ladies, he's taken!
  • Ronnie loves his family more than anything, yes, even BYU!
  • When Ronnie sets his mind to something, he will do it, no matter what!
  • I could go on forever but I think I will end by saying he is the most wonderful husband, brother, son, and father there is! I love you baby!

And to my own father, Happy Father's Day daddy! I love you so much! I am so grateful to have grown up with such a wonderful example of kindness, integrity, and strength. You are my biggest fan, thank you for supporting me in all that I do. I love you!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

So cute! I love that it only took him 8 years to like country music! :)

foreveryoung said...

Don't you love Father' Day? It's like falling in love all over again when you sit down and think about what makes them so great. I love your list, and I even learned some new things about him (please tell me he hasn't completely replaced his passion for boy bands and hip hop with country music!) He is a wonderful dad, you did good!

Carson Calderwood said...

Yeah! Ronnie, I'm so glad you have aquired the taste of country music.

I'll have to second me motion about those attributes. You have to love a man that bleeds little blue Y's when he gets cut.

Janessa said...

Awe, that was such a sweet video and I love the part that Madison added. What a lucky guy to have such a great family! I like the pictures you included of your dad too. Great post!