Too much to talk about!
The past 2 weeks have been jammed packed with parties, picnics, concerts, bbq's and the beach. My parents came down to start the fun. Friday the 8th Madison had a preschool picnic to celebrate the end of the year, it was fun to see every one's parents and get lots of pictures with all her friends and teachers.
My dad's birthday was on Saturday the 9th so we all went to spend a day at the beach. After a nice scenic drive and some really great pie, we spent some time in the sand before heading home. Madison enjoyed collecting rocks and shells, and looking at the little crabs Ronnie found for her. Ronnie got out his kite and after nearly getting it caught in the power lines a few times and stranding it on the cliff we decided to put it away. Thanks to Robb for scaling the rocks to retrieve it! For Dad's birthday we all got him tickets to see Jersey Boys in SF. When Ronnie took me a few months ago all I could say was "My dad would LOVE this" So we got him and my mom tickets to go- and they loved it!
Sunday after church everyone gathered at out house to celebrate Beckham's first birthday. We had a fireman theme and it turned out pretty cute. I wouldn't normally get into decorations and party favors etc... for a one year old's party but with a 4 year old in the house who LOVES birthday parties like nothing else, I couldn't pass. So, we decorated with red yellow and orange balloons and streamers, gathered all the fireman stuff we could find, and had a P-A-R-T-Y!!! The cake turned out cute too. I made a bunt cake, decorated it with chocolate frosting, melted red jolly ranchers and broke them up to look like flames, and put a pretzel ladder up to it with a fireman standing by. I made cupcakes with flames too. It turned out pretty good and Beckham dug right in to the cake. It was a fun day to celebrate such a cute little boy!
Monday was his actual birthday and we just hung out at home for the most part- we were all partied out by then! That evening we let Bex go over to his buddy Max's house while the rest of us went to the city for singalong Grease. It was a blast! Everyone gets all dressed up like grease characters and watches the movie that has the words to all the songs. They give you little bags with glasses, fake cigarettes, pom poms, bubbles, and a comb to use at various parts of the show. The best part however was the costume contest. We dressed Madison up as bad Sandy and she went up with Robb who was dressed as Danny. It was SOOOOO cute! For the contest the MC would say who they were dressed like and then the crowd cheered for their favorite. When they got to Madison, Robb told the MC that she wanted to say something so he gave her the mic and in her best bad Sandy voice, she said, "tell me about it stud!" The crowd erupted with applause and cheers! Needless to say she won! I was so proud of my little performer. She was so brave to go up there on that big stage in front of all those crazy people. I wish I had my video camera because it was truly priceless!Later that week we attended many bbq's and trips to the beach with the young men in the ward. The Strobelts had to get in all the fun they could before they left for the East Coast. Some of the YM even attempted to swim in the freezing cold water- as Madison would say, "CRAZY boys!"
Friday we went to the beach with some other moms and kids in the ward and then that night Ronnie took Madison and I to a Keith Urban concert. It was AMAZING! We had some nosebleed seats but it was still a great show. There are so many of his songs that I like and even Madison was singing and dancing along. She would keep saying "Mommy, we have that song in our car!" He is such a great musician and performer. It was even fun to hear about how he goes off stage at the end of every show and calls his wife, Nicole Kidman, before he comes back on for the encore. So cute!
Saturday was a little more low key. I left for the morning to make freezer meals with some other girls in the ward. It was great- I got 5 meals, all that serve at least 6-8, for only 27 bucks total! Now that's a deal! Then we went shopping for some clothes for our growing kids and went home for a movie. This week is filled with catching up on the apartments, play dates, and fun with our friends the Pace family! I can't wait to see them, it has been way too long!
5 comments:
I completely forgot that you are in San Francisco! Next time I go, I'll definitely have to let you know, so we can have a personal tour guide! It looks like you guys are having so much fun--with all the concerts and parties! Your kids are so adorable!!
Thank goodness for the blog, or I would never be able to keep up with everything that you do! Once again, what fun times and fun memories! Happy birthday to sweet Beckham and props on another great cake! I had to laugh, because in the picture on your collage with everyone at the party, I thought Ronnie was the guy sitting down and I couldn't figure out who that cute blonde was with her hand on his shoulder :) Don't you think they kinda look alike in that picture, or maybe it's just me. I love Maddie's big Grease performance, she was born a star! Okay, so I'm dying to know how you liked the freezer dinners? Is it Dream Dinners? You'll have to let me know what you think. Take care and have fun this weekend!
I think you guys must be on speed to do all that. Happy bday to Beckham.
You guys are always on the go! How fun! You're kids are so cute. We'll chat soon. Keep the posts coming!
Man, you guys are BUSY! What fun though! So many great pictures. Glad Beckham had fun party. It is fun to go all out for the older siblings, isn't it? That Keith Urban concert sounds like a blast! You're such fun parents to take Madison to it too.
Post a Comment