Monday, June 25, 2007

One of those days!

You know it's been a hard day when your kids end up looking like this...

We just wanted to go for a nice walk around the water in Foster City. Madison took a dive off the terraced hill onto the concrete below and Beckham decided to follow suit and smack his face on the pole as he was climbing up the stairs. The worst of his you can't see, he hit his mouth too and cut his lip on his sharp little teeth. Ronnie and I were wondering, as we walked back to the car, if if people thought we beat our kids- both were crying and bleeding.

Luckily the rest of the week has been pretty quiet. We were supposed to go to Modesto to visit my friend Becca and her family. Our plans were foiled when she went into labor Thursday night and had her little boy Caulder Joseph Pace. Even though we didn't get to have our fun weekend, we are thrilled that Caulder is here and healthy! His big brother Curran sent him straight from heaven to bless this family, and to give his daddy a great birthday gift!

This weekend Madison had a play date with a boy from preschool. I have never encountered such mean kids at a park like I did this day. We had a few boys approach our kids telling Madison that she can't play on the playground because she is a girl. They started to get pretty mean and one even chased her down with a stick. My mommy instincts kicked in and I told that little boy off. This was even after another mom had yelled at them to leave her daughter alone when they were growling at her, she was barley even walking! These boys were pretty relentless and their mom didn't say a word. We couldn't even figure out who they belonged to because the whole time we were there she was on the phone not paying any attention to her kids. No wonder! Then the younger brother started calling Madison and her friend babies and telling them they wear diapers. Madison looked at him, told him she wasn't a baby, and then asked me why that little boy was calling her a baby when he was smaller than she was. I think this was the first time she had anyone be that mean to her. I was proud that she stood her ground and didn't let it get to her. I think I got more mad than she did!

She also got to go to a birthday party of another little girl from school. I am going to have to step it up in the birthday department next year. Either that or keep Madison from attending future parties around here- they are pretty extravagant. This last one we attended hired a children's band who rocked out the neighborhood. They sent us home with CD's and blow up guitars. She had a blast playing in the bubble machine and singing along to the Hipwaders.

Thursday we will be heading to Utah and then to Washington for a few weeks. Ronnie's family has a reunion in Utah and then my cousin is getting married in Washington. We will be relaxing, enjoying time together, and not thinking a bit about work! Yippee!!!! So, stay tuned, we will have lots of fun pictures from our trips!

7 comments:

foreveryoung said...

Oh that is so sad! What are the chances of them both getting so banged up on the same trip? Poor kids! And I can't believe those boys at the park (or their mom!) Kids are so mean and I definately get more emotionally involved and worked up about it too. One time a boy told Kylie that she was ugly and it took every ounce of restraint to keep from smacking the kid! Have fun on your trip! We're for sure coming to SF the 3rd week in July (not right after you get back from UT), so I'll call you and make plans.

foreveryoung said...

How funny, we're both on here at the same time. Although I'm not too surprised, considering the exciting night life that we both lead! I thought about calling you, but figured you probably wouldn't be too happy if I woke up your kids and hubby!

Carson Calderwood said...

Maybe it was just a day for children to get hurt. Trey was sad that he cut his head open on the first day of summer (no school), not a good way to start.

Rachel said...

Watch out for mama bear! I would have done the same thing. It bugs me so bad when parents don't discipline their own kids and you have to step in.
I can't believe both your kids got hurt at the same time! What are the chances? Well, if your kids are as coordinated as mine then I guess it isn't unlikely!!!

Marisa said...

Let us know if you have some free time when you're in Washington, our summer is pretty open so we could drive somewhere to meet you, we'd love to see your kids (and I won't let my boys be mean to Madison)!

Janessa said...

I'm so glad our kids (especially Parker right now) aren't the only ones with major bang ups. It can be rough when your little. I would have been so upset with those boys at the park. I'm impressed that Madison handled it so well. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys like a million! Hope you're having fun in mormon land! I love you and can't wait to see you when you get back.

xoxo-
Rosa