Tuesday, September 11, 2007

BYU vs UCLA
This weekend was another BYU game, and yes, we were there! Luckily LA is a great place to visit with or without a game to see. We met our friends the Claderwoods and Rosa down there and we all stayed in a pretty cool hotel room. It was like an apartment with 2 rooms and a kitchen area. I told Marisa it will be just like college, except we can have boys in our rooms! (By the way, Happy Birthday to you Marisa, I hope you are having a great day!) The Claderwoods showed up without children so Ronnie and I tried to contain our kids enough to let them enjoy their freedom. My kids love the Calderwoods a lot and tagged along side them as much as possible- sorry guys, I hope it was still a relaxing vacation!

We all bummed around LA before the game, hitting Rodeo Drive, Compadres Mexican Restaurant, and Santa Monica pier, promenade, and beach. It was a lot of fun hanging out with friends and enjoying the beautiful LA area. The game went pretty good too, even if we didn't win, we still played hard!









On another note, I want to give a little shout out to my friend Julie. She makes beautiful nursing covers and just went live with her new web site and home business Peekaboobaby. The nursing covers are so pretty- she uses the most unique and beautiful designer fabrics and each one is the highest quality! They are similar to other brands of nursing covers but better! So go tell your mommy friends, sisters, daughters etc... Buy them up, Julie is a great gal and you won't be sorry you got one. I love mine, I used it constantly with Bex and really wish I had one with Madison. They make the BEST presents too, they come in a sweet little bag, all ready to go! You can click on her link in this post or from the list of "my favs" to the right. Yeah Jules!

8 comments:

Carson Calderwood said...

Great trip you guys and your kids were great. If we had 6 of yours we would take them as well.

Marisa said...

Those peekaboo baby covers are adorable! Too bad I'm never going to need one but they will make great gifts!

Janessa said...

You guys have a lot of BYU fun ahead of you. I love all your pictures. You are such a beautiful mom. What lucky kids (and hubby!). Glad you had a great time. Hope BYU wins next time.

foreveryoung said...

That was fun to see your pictures since we hit all those same tourist spots just the week before you guys! I even have a picture with Kylie on that same ride on the pier. Too bad we missed each other! Was it crazy crowded while you were there or was it just b/c we were there Labor day weekend? It looks and sounds like you had another exciting weekend, it would have been perfect if only the Cougs could have pulled it off :(

foreveryoung said...

PS- your hair is getting so dang long! It's not fair! :)

Oh, and I'll add my little plug for Julie too--I've seen them in person and they really are way cute!

Jodee said...

It wasn't busy at all, but we weren't there on a holiday. it would have been fun to see you guys too, maybe next time!

foreveryoung said...

I keep forgetting to tell you that the "Britt and Jordan" link on mine is the Archibalds. Remember the connection we made with his bro that was in your ward? You'll have to check out their latest family vacation to Hong Kong and Australia. Such a rough life :) They're a great family.

Chuck Gates said...

This makes me miss the Rose Bowl! I grew up on BYU (or Utah) v. UCLA football games. I refused to (and still do) attend USC games though.