Come home soon... come home safeSo, I have been without kids and a husband for 3 days now. They are having a great time with Grandma, Grandpa, and Bethie in Utah. Ronnie said that Beckham was a dream on the plane, he played for half of it then slept the next half. (I swear, they are so much better when I am not there, why is that?) They have been playing, watching BYU games, and sleeping very well from what I hear.
As for me, I have been running errands, cleaning, organizing, working on my apartments and covering for another complex, shopping, visiting friends, and basically whatever else I feel like doing at the moment! It was nice to get things done that have been weighing on me for a while but just haven't had the chance to happen with two little kids and a few apartments to take care of. I had forgotten just how EASY it is to not have kids. Like getting up whenever you want -taking a shower and not having to wait for nap time -leaving the house in a matter of seconds -listening to whatever songs I wanted however loud I felt like hearing them -going shopping and actually trying things on in the dressing room instead of buying them real quick and taking them home to try on -taking the car to get cleaned and being able to sit quietly and read a book while it is getting detailed instead of trying to chase a toddler around -running around the apartment complex taking care of things without a baby on my hip -eating whatever, whenever, for however long I wanted -cleaning the house with no distractions like 2 days ago, and guess what, it's still clean! Ya, I know, amazing isn't it?!?!
So I admit, life with no kids sure is easy, but I have to tell you, it isn't too much fun. With all these things that are so easy and fun to do on my own, there is always a little something missing- Like the sound of my little boy squealing with glee when I come get him early in the morning. Or the shower door opening every 2 minutes with Madison updating me on how Beckham is still sleeping. And I missed the way Madison takes Beckhams hand and walks him out to the car each time we leave the house. I missed hearing Madison sing along to the radio with me and looking back and seeing Beckham shaking his head back and fourth and kicking his legs along to the music. I missed my little shopping partner when she says "oh mommy, you look cute" Or "look at this mommy, isn't this beautiful?" And I missed how excited Beckham gets to ride in the elevator at the apartments and how he always runs inside when it opens, waits for the door to close, and then yells "Ah!" to hear his voice echo. And the way he grabs a handful of whatever I feed him and shoves it toward his mouth while most of it ends up on the floor. And I even missed the way Beckham crys the whole time I am vacuuming, holding him in my arms trying to clean and maneuver furniture around and then when it's all over, he runs over to the vacuum and talks to it like he is scolding it.
And as much as I love me some girl time now and then, there is nothing better than being with my husband! The best is when he walks through the door in the evening and my kids drop whatever they are doing and sprint for the door yelling "daddy!" And how he will give them hugs and kisses and then come find me wherever I am at in the house. And with kids in his arms or around his ankles, he will give me a kiss and ask how my day was. And I even missed feeling his cold feet next to me in bed and the way I turn over to talk to him just after we turn out the lights and he is already sleeping! Oh yeah, and I missed watching the game with him too, how purely excited he gets when we are sitting in the stadium and the team is about to run onto the field. I missed his good explanations when I am a little lost on a referee call or turnover. And how he gets so excited when I ask him a question about the team and he tells me all about everything, with such enthusiasm. Sometimes I like to ask him a question just so I can hear him get so pumped up! It's the best!
It is fun to have "me" time every once in a while, and I think it is definitely needed. But I sure love being a mommy and a wife. And I need my family here at home, with me, the way it should be! Thank you to my husband for taking our kids on an adventure with you. And thank you Mom and Dad C for taking such good care of my family!
Oh, and one last thing before I sleep in my big empty bed one more time...
Dear Mr. Pilot,
Please get a good night sleep so that you can fly safely. You know, my life is on your plane tomorrow. It comes in the form of two adorable children and one amazing husband. Please keep them safe for me, I miss them and can't wait to see them! Fly fast, but fly safe- please!
Goodnight,
Jodee
6 comments:
I'm so glad that you are making the most of your "me" time! I have to admit that I was jealous when I was reading all about the wonderful things you get to do by yourself, but then as I was reading about all the things you miss about your family I started feeling guilty for getting jealous because you are right, nothing is better than having your family with you. It is important to have some time to yourself, but family is where it's at! I love the way you write, you can just feel the love you have for your sweet family! Have safe trip home!
Too funny, I'm sure Marisa will be jealous of the "not fun" you are having without your kids.
oh don't get me wrong, it was fun, but by the end of the weekend, I had enough fun alone.
Jodee that was adorable. It almost made me cry. I do the same thing where I turn to talk to Carson almost every night and he's already asleep. I am definitely jealous that you got to go shopping and clean the house and get your car detailed without your kids! Remind me never to let you see the inside of our Jeep. I like how you said Madison says 'you look so cute' when you try on clothes. I can hear it in her little voice and it makes me excited for you guys to move up here!
Marisa,
The funny thing about detailing the car is that it is like buying a new car all over again. When Jodee picked us up at the airport yesterday, I literally did not recognize the car. Somewhere along the way we had forgotten that the dashboard and console were black rather than gray. What a difference a good cleaning makes.
Awe, you're such a great mom and wife. I love your letter to the piolot. I'm glad you enjoyed your me time but you're right, the kids and hubby are where it's at.
Post a Comment