Labor Day... uh I mean... first BYU football game weekend!
I was a bit worried when, for the second season in a row, BYU's opening offensive drive ended in a fumble. The Offensive line swore Max Hall wouldn't be touched but he was sacked right off the bat loosing the ball. However, he recovered, and the new quarterback did great for his first game! I think there was even talk about Heisman potential but let's not jump the gun here boys! The BYU Defense was spectacular but the special teams need to get their act together. And come on BYU fans, no more booing the rookie punter, it was his first game, cut him some slack! And most importantly, we won by a lot, but not without letting them score in the last minute of the 4th quarter! BYU-20 AZ-7
There, how was that for paying attention with a crazy one year old on your lap?! My husband will be proud! (That's for all those dates you took to the games your freshman year who were clueless as to what was going on in the game and would clap whenever you clapped, because you thought it was funny to see even if it was at the wrong times!) Ha! After the game we ducked out as fast as we could to get out of traffic but we weren't fast enough, we sat in the west parking lot for 2 hours! Crazy, but oh so worth it!
Monday morning we did laundry, packed up the car, had some lunch, and then headed home. We decided to try and miss the Tahoe traffic so we stayed in Reno that night. Ronnie booked us a room at Circus Circus so we took the kids down to the midway for some fun before going to bed. Madison had so much fun playing all the games and winning herself some prizes. Ronnie and I won Bex a little Spider Man and he loved that thing to pieces- he hugged it the rest of the night. How does he know, he wouldn't touch the 2 animals Madison tried to share with him but when we gave him Spidey, he went nuts! Silly kid!
3 comments:
Okay, that Best Western looked like it may rival the quality of the "Roadside Inn" or whatever that dump was called :) Her obsession cracks me up and her future hubby will be glad that she's so low maintenance! Your weekend sounded like such a blast and you managed to cram in lots of fun in such a short time. So did Ronnie tear up when they won? Reading this made me miss those good old BYU days with the "All Sports Pass". However, I do believe that I was one of those clueless girls that you were referring to from freshman year (except ofcourse I was at the game wtih Jason, not Ronnie)....I was VERY impressed with your game recap, Ronnie should be very proud! Anyways, you amaze me with all you do, have fun in LA, can't wait to hear all about it (too bad we weren't there at the same time)!
You had me from "post game wrap up." If there was any doubt that you are the coolest wife ever, this post has cleared that up. As for Maddie's Best Western fascination, I can only chock that up to TV commercials. Their marketing department should all get raises because it clearly sticking with some people!
So fun! I'm so impressed with your BYU devotion. You are so with it on the football know how. I'm very impressed. I'll bet Ronnie's a proud husband. The Best Western thing with Madison is so funny! I agree, their marketing depertment should all get a raise. Hope you had a gret time in LA!
Post a Comment