I am so done being an an apartment manager! Don't get me wrong, this job was great to get us through Grad School and help out with all those student loans. However, enough is enough! In my 3 years of managing, I thought I had seen it all- crazy lady running her car off the embankment, ( lets just say alcohol, paranoia, insomnia, and cars don't mix well), parties at 2am, feuding neighbors, upstairs drummer boy, pot smoking college students, police dragging a screaming tenant out at 3am- you name it, we've seen it. However, I hit my limit Monday morning when I found myself hosing human feces out of a carport and off the driveway. Yes people, it was poo! My tenant called me at 7am to let me know his car had poo smeared all over it. Not one, but two cars covered in human poop! So gross! I took pictures for the office but I will spare you that visual. Seriously, who does this kind of stuff? I don't know but the logistics of it all just seem a bit confusing to me. Who even thinks these things up?
My parents were in town watching the kids this weekend and so my poor dad was out there helping me hose and scrub poo all morning. I don't think they will be back for a while!Ronnie and I were able to get away this weekend. We played hookie in Seattle with no kids! We went to see Bourne Ultimatum (great flick!), we had really looooong dinners talking about anything we wanted and taking as long as we needed. We stayed at a great hotel, saw some friends, and the area. It was nice to be alone, together, and even nicer to come home to our sweet kids that were well taken care of while we were away. Madison enjoyed swimming, playing at the park, and eating pizza with Nana, Papa, and Auntie Kellee. Bex enjoyed his Papa mostly, and also his fire hat, climbing the furniture, and snuggling with Nana- when he was really tired! I think that the kids wore Nana and Papa out because they promptly escaped to Lake Tahoe for some much needed R & R. Thanks mom and dad, it was so appreciated!
This weekend is a big one in the Chapman household, it is the first BYU football game of the season. And so it begins...! Oh yes, we are headed to Utah, and then LA, and then Utah again, and who knows where else they play, but I am sure we will be there! Am I crazy or is my husband just really persuasive? I haven't figured that one out yet but somehow we end up making most of the games each season even though we don't live in Utah anymore, and haven't for a while now! How does he do that?And last but not least, Happy Birthday to my sweet friend Liz! You are so good to me and to so many people, you deserve the best Birthday ever! Here are just a few of the million reasons why I love you so!
- You think of others way before you think of yourself
- You are so good to my kids, they love you as much as I do
- You can make my day just by calling to say "hi"!
- You are so easy to talk to, we always have something to talk, laugh, or cry about!
- We always have fun together, even when we just hang out and do nothing!
- You can make a mean frozen lasagna! ;)
So Happy Happy Birthday to you!
4 comments:
Sorry we missed you guys. We are looking forward to a similar vacation and seeing you in LA. All this new house, finalizing the dental practice space planning, scouts, three kids, current dental office makeover, etc, etc. Why do we make our lives so difficult?
Oh that is so disgusting!! You have definately gone above and beyond for this job and deserve a nice poop-free home of your own! :) I'm so glad you guys got to enjoy a relaxing trip to Seattle and I'm sure your parents enjoyed every minute they had with the kids. I am still in awe of your willingness to travel to every BYU game, but what fun memories for you guys. Have fun!
Dad and I enjoyed every minute with our grand kids. Though the poo was a little much and very disgusting. Love mom and dad
So have you turned in your two weeks notice yet? I can't believe someone would smear poop all over like that. You poor thing! I'm so jealous of your get away. It sounds like it was well deserved. I'm glad you had such a nice time. Way to be hard core BYU fans. That's awesome!
Post a Comment