

After the Giants game this week we didn't think we could top the fun. But, I think we came close. Ronnie had given me tickets to see Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's Soul to Soul tour for Mother's Day. I have been so excited to see it ever since May. We finally got to go on Wed. night. Rosa came over to stay with the kids while we went out to dinner and the concert. Now let me just say I have been listening to country music for pretty much all my life. My mom and dad were always playing it, but I enjoyed it as well. Sure, I was still into boy bands, girl groups and such but always had a liking for good ol' country. I really got into it in High School and started listening to it more. When I went to Utah for college I was pleasantly surprised to find several different country stations to choose from as opposed to the one choice I had in Eugene. I still loved listening to other stuff, but enjoy a good country song from time to time. Now, with a 4 year old who loves to sing along, and all the "not so nice" songs you can find out there on the radio, I find myself listening to country quite a lot. Thankfully SF finally relented and got a country station; I don't think my dial has changed since. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have finally converted Ronnie to the ways of country. He has taken me to a few concerts and probably downloads more country songs than I do now. I have to say, I like his new found love for
my music! OK, back to the concert. So we go to San Jose's HP Pavillion where we saw Keith Urban and the thing is PACKED! The seats were full right to the top, and this thing seats like 700,000! They opened the concert with their own version of Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars". It was so good, we love that song anyway, and they did a great job with it. Faith then took over and I have to tell you, it was a good time, but really, I was there for Tim! I enjoy a lot of her songs and love listening to her albums but in concert, she just isn't so fun! She had to really work hard to get the crowd into it. After a few more songs, she finally said something about "some guy in tight pants that really wants to come out and sing" and the crowd just lost it! Tim appeared and the stadium didn't sit down for the rest of the show. He was great, some new songs, some classics, and a few really old school Tim McGraw. I was a bit sad when I was like the ONLY one in there singing along to "Indian Outlaw." And again when he did a cover of Eddie Rabbit's "Suspicions." Dad, you would have loved it! He started singing and I just couldn't put my finger on why I knew that song. I knew every word, but knew it wasn't Tim's. As I sang out loud it all started to come back- me, my hairbrush, and my little pink boom box blasting Eddie Rabbit, "Suspicions, I Love A Rainy Night, Drivin' My Life Away"... Those were some good times! I couldn't believe Ronnie didn't even know who Eddie Rabbit was! Am I totally alone in this? Was I really that weird of a kid? Dad, come on, I thought you listened to cool music; was I misled? So if any of you have any recollection of this burly, bearded, country rocker, please, let me know I am not the ONLY one who loved him... besides my dad, (I am assuming he is where I got my greatest hits tape, cause if not, then I am truly scared!)
So anyway, the concert was fabulous. Tim didn't disappoint, we had a blast singing along, dancing, and reminiscing! They ended with a great finale and encore of some of their duets. We especially love their song "I need you;" so romantic! We had pretty great seats so my pictures didn't turn out too bad. Thanks to my husband for such an amazing night, for letting me belt out "Indian Outlaw," dance around to "Wild One," and not minding a bit when I cheered for Tim's tight jeans, you're the best! "Like uncle Joe in Oklahoma..."
8 comments:
Tim McGraw is so HOTT! Espcially in those tight jeans. (sorry Ronnie) Just remember that I want Peace for you, you, you and me! HAHA
Love you guys!
Rosa
Sorry I can't spell!
I used to want to marry Faith, but Tim stole her while I was on my mission. I'm sad we missed the concert when they were here, but we might go to the KU concert.
You should go, he was great, a very good musician. And don't be sad about Tim stealing Faith, you definitely got a better deal with Marisa.
You know I just live vicariously through your blog....what an amazing night!! You guys really do live the high life and I love reading about it. I used to be a huge country fan (sorry, no "Rabbit" fan, though, never heard of the burly cowboy), but my days of ATL livin got me into the whole ghetto hip hop, but I am listening to country more in the car now with the kids, definately better song selections. Glad you had such an incredible time!
You guys are too cool! What a blast! I actually went to a Tim McGraw Faith Hill concert back in the day before they were even engaged or anything. It was awesome. I'll bet they just get better. I love "Indian Outlaw" - way to belt it out! Sorry, Eddie Rabbit's not ringin' a bell. I'm glad you guys had such a great time at the concert. Good luck with Bex and the molars. That's the worst. There's got to be a better way to do the whole teeth thing. Why can't they just be born with them?
You guys are always doing something fun! I seriously need to get out more. I saw Tim and Faith about 8 or 9 years ago and they were great. He was wearing tight pants back then as well... :)
You guys are always doing something fun or exciting. We don't do as much as you, but for the record we are going to They Might Be Giants concert in September. Sounds like you had a great time.
Post a Comment