Monkey see Monkey BITE!
What do you do with a crazy monkey one year old?
So far this week he has...
- bitten his sister's arm and his little friend's back so hard it left major bruises (the pic. is way old!)
- learned how to pull the cushions off the couch so that he can pull them over to the coffee table and climb on top
- opened the oven door, landing on top of his head, a few times!
- learned to turn off the TV annoying everyone watching
- pull off the duct tape I had to use to secure the face of a drawer he broke
- scale the back of a chair at my sisters house and our bookshelf
- pull all of the spices off of the pantry shelf and proceeded to throw them in the garbage
- played in the toilet too many times to count
- Crawl into the dishwasher and pull out all the dishes in the process
In other news, we took the kids to the Ringling Bros. Barnum and Bailey Circus in Oakland. I have to say I wasn't that excited about it, I have never been a big circus lover. I could never get over the animals having to do those things and be couped up in cages like that. It didn't help that every animal rights activist in the bay area was lined up outside the arena with pictures and handouts about how cruel the animals are treated. But I think it was worth it. Madison LOVED it! She laughed at the silly clowns, cheered for the animals and was in awe over the acrobats. It was a good show but the best part hands down was being there with Madison.
3 comments:
I LOVE the list of things Beckham has gotten into! I should do one for my kids, except it would probably be too long to post. It makes me feel better to see parents with a really good kid (Madison) have a normal, slightly naughty kid because it proves that some kids are just like that (especially boys), even if you try really hard to be a good parent. But they are both adorable and I'm sure Beckham will grow out of it, in 10-15 years.
That's why kids have to be so adorable, so that their parents don't "accidently" leave them at the circus. (Convienent that you happend to be there this week:). I'm probably jinxing myself, but so far I've not really had a climber. He can scale the bookshelf? That's impressive! My kids find plenty of other ways to get into trouble though. I'm glad Madison is an easy child so that you only have one child that needs serious chasing and cleaning up after. Good luck! You're a great mom!!!
Oh yes, those days of having a baby sit ever so patiently in the car seat or high chair while you dined at restraunt are long gone! You know I was always jealous that you could do that with Maddie, but it sounds like you're definately getting a run for your money now! He is all boy and loves letting everyone know that! I love going to the circus, I'm glad you enjoyed it, despite all your apprehensions )
Post a Comment