Friday, November 30, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!





some more serious catch up...

I have been flat on my back, sick as a dog, most boring mom ever for the past 2 days! I got a whopper of a cold and I have just been holding on each day until Ronnie walks through the door so I can head upstairs and die. Today I thought I would take a little advantage of nap time and try and get some pictures up. The past few days I have been sleeping too during nap time so I felt it was time to sit upright and maybe let the snot drain out of my head for a few minutes.

Anyway, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend in Utah with Ronnie's family. We packed a lot into our short stay. We FINALLY arrived on Thursday afternoon- after a long drive, the yummy smells of dinner and warm smiles of family were well worth it! Mom C. made a lovely dinner complete with homemade pies. We stuffed our bellies, enjoyed some home movies, watched a few football games, played with the kids, and prepped for black Friday. Ronnie and I have never been big black Friday shoppers but thought we might try it out since we had convenient babysitting and a few big purchases we wanted to make. So, we got all the adds, circled our items, mapped out our rout and woke up early to go. While I was getting ready Ronnie discovered that one of the stores we were planning on going to had the same sales on line. So, after a few hours of filling our virtual shopping cart, we hit the buy now button and it all disappeared. Everything was gone and by the time we reloaded the cart most of our items we wanted were sold out. Ronnie spent the rest of the day trying to get the items back and finally went out on his own in search for Guitar Hero III. I think he went to over 10 different stores and it was nowhere to be found. But, we can still say we are the proud owners of Guitar Hero II and a new xbox (yes, we did have a perfectly good xbox until some computer geeks at Ronnie's old work tried to "make it better" and killed it!). Our purchases are being sent to my parents house in Oregon where we will be celebrating Christmas so we can take advantage of the 'no tax' and free shipping! So, any of you savvy shoppers who know where to get GHIII, let us know, we are on the hunt!










Friday we also celebrated Madison's 5th birthday (post to follow) and Saturday was all about the BYU game (post to follow). After our jammed packed weekend, we enjoyed our looooong drive home. Ronnie and I were talking about how nice it will be to pull into our garage, not have a billion messages on our machine, and be able to throw our laundry in the laundry room whenever we want- for free! Oh the joys of getting out of those stinking apartments! I will be forever grateful for the opportunity to manage, but I will be even more thankful for getting the heck out of there! On the way home we were able to stop in Northern Utah to see Ronnie's Grandparents. We are always grateful for any opportunity to see them, even if it was for a short 45min! They loaded us up with hugs, kisses, and treats for the way home! Ronnie even made Grandpa put on his BYU hat and take a picture with the BYU bear. They are always teasing each other about who will win the big game, Grandpa is a bit of a Ute fan, but I think Ronnie is slowly converting him. One of these days he will "soften his heart"! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Turpin, your the best! (PS, Grandma, to make the pictures bigger in this post just click on them!)

10 comments:

foreveryoung said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! It makes it so much better that you were able to spend it with family. You guys definately get the award for the most road trips. I can handle one, maybe 2 max a year. How long of a drive is that anyways? Hopefully there was a Best Western for you to stop at if you got too tired :)I'm glad Maddie had a fun b-day, I can't wait to hear all about it!

foreveryoung said...

Okay, I just read the comment you left on Janessa's blog and it totally made me laugh! You are so "in", more than you even know! I just knew you had prior engagements for the holidays, but never fear--we have a reunion in the works for the end of June in Utah. I'll keep you posted on the details :)

Janessa said...

You guys get the "Road Trip King and Queen" award. You guys are always going on fun trips. What great parents! I'm glad you had a fun and safe Thanksgiving and that you had your very own HOUSE to go home to! Yes, I'm totally with Jamie. You are definitely "in". We didn't want to take you away from family for a holiday though. You'll have to meet up with us in Utah this summer. Can't wait to see more pictures of all your doings. Hope you get feeling better. Way to blog through the pain!

Janessa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janessa said...

Sorry, that deleted comment is from me. I accidently published the same thing twice. I hate it when there's a deleted comment on mine and I don't know who did it. It always makes me wonder what terrible thing someome wrote that, after thinking about it, decided they'd better delete. So now you know it was just me hitting "publish your comment" twice. Not some crazy writing mean things.

Jodee said...

Thanks Janessa, I too don't like it when a comment is deleted and I can't figure out why, for some reason it bugs me. But thanks for boosting up my number of comments, that was nice! We can't all be like Jamie and get 20 comments every time, each little one counts here!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you were sick, I think you have this very rare virus called
"iwishiwasbackincaliforniaitus"; make sure you take care of yourself! If it gets worse you may have to come back to California for a few days to get rid of it. :o) I looks like you had a great time in Utah! Happy be-lated birthday Maddie! I love you!

GO COUGS! (I thought you would like that Ronnie!!)

XOXO-
Rosa

Marisa said...

Jodee, I must have the same thing as you because I have been totally sick too! (I guess you know that because we didn't go to that football game... I was sad to miss it.) So, seriously, you guys (all 4 of you) are troopers for surviving so many road trips this year. It is a party all the time with the Chapmans, that's why we're so glad you live close again! We'll have to play guitar hero at your house and you can do some DDR here! I'll bet Ronnie was so frustrated on black Friday, I can just see it!

Jodee said...

Risa,
He was, you know Ronnie, Mr. Efficiancy! I didn't go to the game either, Ronnie actually took the kids to it. They had a good time without me! I hope your feeling better too!

Dr. Rosa,
Thanks for the diagnosis, your the best. I am sure a trip back to cali is the best medicine! I miss you!

Richard Tait said...

Dennis and Jodee,

I finally hunted down your blog! Its was great to hear from you! I read the entire blog, I mean the ENTIRE thing, including all the old posts, to catch up on the Chapmans. I learned that you all appear to be as big BYU Fans as I am; we routinely have ward/BYU parties on game day in our basement with the projection screen I rigged up. I was raised in Livermore in the Bay Area, and so your stories of life in San Francisco, where I spent a lot of time driving delivery truck with a clutch on those hills that still burns fresh in my memory, almost brought me to tears. We still miss you in Baltimore; you were a great strong little family (as I'm sure you still are now!)and a great comfort to a bishop who was just starting to figure out where the handle to chapel was. I'll be checking this blog more often, now that I know how to find it!