Madison turned 5!
Our sweet little Madison is a big 5 years old! We celebrated her birthday while in Utah for Thanksgiving. So far her birthdays have either been at Nana and Papa's in OR or Grandma and Grandpa's in Ut. She loves having her family there but I think she is starting to realize that she is going to all these parties for her friends but her parties include big adults! I think I will have to start celebrating her birthday before we leave for Thanksgiving with her friends and then have a little family celebration while at Thanksgiving. However, she is such a laid back kid and pretty much happy with anything, I don't think she minds too much. We started out in search of a turtle party. She wanted a turtle party since Ronnie and I told her about the turtles in Costa Rica and brought her back a stuffed animal turtle. I searched high and low but turtle party things were not to be found without swords, bandannas, and nun chucks attached. So, we resulted to my crafty skills and I told her I would make them out of green plates and cups and a sharpie. I don't think she shared my vision and decided she would rather have a princess party. Fine with me, that was super easy to find! She hasn't had a princess party yet and I think she will soon grow out of princesses so we did it up. I made a princess cake out of a Barbie and a cake cooked in a bowl. Madison, Bethie, and I had a great time decorating and creating the princess. I have no formal training but each year, have found myself loving the cake creation aspect of my kids birthdays. I think I get a little too into it and spend quite a bit of effort on something that is eaten in a few seconds anyway. But I do get satisfaction out of seeing what I can come up with. Maybe I should take a class and see what comes of it!
We started off the birthday fun with a trip to Jump on it. It is a new facility in Lindon Utah that I have heard about from friends. Basically it is a huge warehouse filled wall to wall with trampolines. The kids, little and big, had a blast! Bex loved to run and throw himself forward landing on his tummy. He even tried to catch some air by bending his knees and trying his hardest to propell himself upwards. That kid was in heaven, he was able to run wherever he wanted at full speed, bounce around like a monkey and not get yelled at. He smiled from ear to ear the entire time. Madison had many laughing fits as we bounced her around while she tried to get up. Even the big kids had a great time. Bethie and I showed off our flipping skills (Bethie has amazing action potography skills!) and Ronnie tried to master the wall trampolines that were at an angle. Seriously, if you are in the area, we highly recommend a trip to Jump on It!
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
After the trampoline madness we picked up some papa murphy's and headed home for pizza, a pinata, a present scavenger hunt, and cake and ice cream. I think my little five year old had a great time and was royally spoiled, just as she should be. A big thank you to Grandma and Grandpa Chapman for hosting such a wonderful event!
7 comments:
JODES: I think Martha Stewart would be SOOOO jealous of that beautiful Barbie princess cake you made! Nice Job! Below is a song that my mom sings to me on my birthday. Can you sing it to Maddie? I thought you would like it.
Las mañanitas:
Estas son las mañanitas, que cantaba el Rey David. Hoy por ser día de tu santo, te las cantamos a ti. Despierta mi bien despiertam mira que ya amaneció. Ya los pajaritos cantan. La luna ya se metió Que linda está la mañana en que vengo a saludarte. Venimos todos con gusto y placer a felicitarte.
Ya viene amaneciendo. Ya la luz del día nos dio. Levántate de mañana. Mira que ya amaneció.
El día en que tu naciste, nacieron todas las flores y en la pila del bautismo cantaron los ruiseñores.
Quisiera ser un San Juan, quisiera ser un San Pedro, para venirte a cantar con la música del cielo.
De las estrellas del cielo quisiera bajarte dos; una para saludarte y otra para decirte adiós.
Love you and miss you guys!
Rosa
very sweet, I actually know that song from Spanish Immersion class growing up. She liked it too!
Wow, that cake is very impressive, Jodee. You should toatlly take a class. I took a couple of them over the summer and they were so fun! I'm glad you guys had such a fun birthday party for Madison (with big adults)! That jumping place sounds like a ton of fun.
Madison, you sure sound like a sweet girl. I remember seeing you when you were a baby and you are growing up to be such a beautiful big girl. I LOVE your pretty long hair! You sound like such a sweetheart. It'd be fun to see you and play with you, and your brother, someday. I'll bet my girls would love playing with you. We'll have to see what we can do. Happy Birthday! Have fun being five! It's a blast!!!
Happy bday to my future daughter in law!
Happy Birthday Madison! Jodee, the cake was awesome! I get into the cake creation aspect of my kids' birthdays too. So fun!
Happy Birthday, Maddie! What a fun party and I am super impressed with your cake decorating skills. You make it look so easy and I know for a fact that it's not (okay, atleast for me). That Jump on It place looks like a blast, we may just have to check it out. I still remember Maddie's 1st b-day party...she's growing up so fast, but also growing into such a sweet, beautiful girl, you definately have reason to be proud!
You have such a cute family and your blog is so good. You need to tell me all your secrets especially how you do all your pictures and the top of your blog.
Post a Comment