Thursday, December 13, 2007

On the 12th day of Christmas our true love gave to us....


12 beautiful roses

Ronnie's dad started a tradition in the Chapman house of the twelve days of Christmas. Starting 12 days before Christmas he brings home presents to Ronnie's mom and little sister. Each day he counts down from 12 to 1, with the number of gifts corresponding to each day. Ronnie decided to follow in the footsteps of his sweet, loving, romantic father and carry the tradition to our home. Today, Madison and I were each surprised with 12 roses.

Also, a few more pictures from the holidays...

-Bex getting ready to face the cold Washington winter!


-Holiday party with Ronnie's new boss and his wife at their country club. This was no ordinary party; they pulled out all the stops for the kids complete with a kid buffet, Santa, gourmet lollipops, huge mylar balloons for everyone, antlers for bex, a bracelet for Madison, cookie making table, and ornament making table. It was a great time for all and we sure appreciated being invited.

-Decorations around the house and our first snow in WA. Bex loves to get in this basket and read the Christmas books I have in there.

-Ward Christmas party. Madison and Sara waiting for Santa, Madison the cow, and Santa with the fam! Bex hated Santa at the first Christmas party but this time, he was a little bit better! I have a great crying picture of him and Santa from the first time we saw him. I am going to have to scan it and put it up here, it's classic!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a really romantic tradition to start! You guys are so cute! I can't believe how big Bex is getting!? I remember when we decorated the Christmas tree last year at good old Lake Towers (whoot, whoot), it was so much fun! I miss you guys like amillion!

Love-
Rosa

Janessa said...

What great holiday pictures! How fun to have your first Christmas in your new house. It all looks so cozy and festive. I can't wait to have a fireplace to hang stockings on someday. I love the rose tradition. How sweet! (Does Bex feel lefr out or is there some compensation there?) Bex looks cute all bundled up. The Christmas parties sound like a lot of fun! Glad you enjoying the season!

foreveryoung said...

You know there are lots of husbands out there that are mad at Ronnie now because he has officially raised the bar--what a fun and romantic tradition! I'm so jealous you have a fireplace for stockings and I'm loving the bits and pieces I can see of your house. What a fun Christmas party, you guys are getting spoiled there! I thought you said that Ronnie is the only one working for this guy, so did they do all of that just for you guys?? What a fun Christmas season for you guys!

Jodee said...

No, the Christmas party was for his boss' Country Club. It had nothing to do with work, they just invited us since it was such a fun thing for kids. They don't have kids so they had never been but we are sure glad they decided to take us this year, it was fun!

Tony Calabria & Melissa Froemming Calabria said...

What a fab tradition! Tony was just asking me what traditions we want to start -- I think I'll suggest this one! :) It looks like Ronnie's gotten pretty creative -- always impressive, that man o' yours! It looks like y'all are enjoying Seattle -- it's SO GREAT there, eh? Love you, and miss you here though!