Are you kidding me?
Less than 24 hours after I posted the pictures of our house...
This...

plus this....jpg)
.jpg)
equals this....jpg)
Now one might think, oh, that is just a couple bottles of soap, no harm in that, soap probably cleans up really easily right? ...WRONG! That is thick, clear, concentrated, real soap that busted ALL OVER the hard wood floors and wall. I thought I would just wipe it up and be done but OH NO, it took me nearly an hour and plenty of elbow grease to get MOST of the soap cleaned up. Still, to this day, nearly a week later, I get suds that form every time I mop that area. It is stuck in the small little cracks between floor planks. I have used toothbrushes, fingernails, vacuums, lots of water, and lots of wiping and wiping but I still get suds. And it's not like the nice watery, help you with your moping kind of suds. It is the thick, filmy, white, never goes away, mop and mop and mop and it is still there kind of suds.
And then, to top it all off, I decided maybe I needed to prove just how hard it is to clean up soap and how easy it is to clean up...say.... Spaghetti Sauce
. Yeah, that's right, I dropped the jar of spaghetti sauce on the ground just minutes after cleaning up Beckham's disaster. Oh, and for your information, it was WAY easier to clean up than the soap!
. Yeah, that's right, I dropped the jar of spaghetti sauce on the ground just minutes after cleaning up Beckham's disaster. Oh, and for your information, it was WAY easier to clean up than the soap!
8 comments:
Jodee, this should make you feel better.....be glad it wasn't carpet or tile. Try getting spaghetti sauce out of tile grout and can you imagine if the soap bottles would have broken over carpet?! BTW, I've never commented on your blog but I decided to come out of the closet. Yes, I'm a regular lurker here. Your blog is a highlight of my week and I look forward to it! You are so talented and a wonderful mother! We love you all!
Aunt Pam
OH man, don't you just love the things your kids come up with? The little stinkers!
Thanks for the comment Pam, I am glad you came out of the closet, maybe other lurkers will take notice and drop us a comment too... hint hint! We hope you are all doing well, say hi to all of our Utah family, we love you!
Oh man! At first glance I thought those were water spray bottles and I died when I realized it was soap! Atleast your floors are really sanitized now, right?? I think Jayden had outgrown that phase when we moved into this house, but you are making me really nervous for when we have another baby because we have the same loft/rail thing in our entry way. Note to self: store soap bottles on the top shelf, along with pretty much everything else in the entire house that can fit through the rails :)
Awe, that stinks! I love your photo and journaling account of your adventures. That little Beckham is just so darn cute. Is it hard to really get mad at him? Your such a great mom!
When I first saw the sauce I thought it was something Beckham did and I about died. Aren't boys fun?
Carson and Marisa,
Oh my goodness, I actually thought of you guys as I was posting this, how DO you do it?
Times that by three and you have my house.
Post a Comment