I quit!
What do you do with a little boy who learns to get out of his crib at 19mo.?
This in not OK with me! I put him in bed, came downstairs, and turned around to find him coming down the stairs after me. I was totally shocked! I thought Ronnie or Madison had gotten him out. So I returned him to bed and waited in the hall. Sure enough, I heard a few grunts, and loud thump, and then saw him open the door and run out with a HUGE smile on his face. I think I may have to go get one of those tent contraptions that I swore I would never need! Who needs those things anyway? Uh hello... ME!!!
This is not right, Madison stayed in her crib till she was almost 3! She would wake up in the morning or after a nap and talk, play, sing, and lay there till we came and got her. Sometimes, I could sleep another hour and she would be happy as a clam (is that mean?) And when we put her in a real bed she NEVER got out of it. Even in the morning she would lay in bed and wait for us to get her. Still, to this day, she has never gotten out of her bed after we have said goodnight, until the next morning. Even when she wakes up to go to the bathroom, she goes right in and promptly returns to bed.
Not Beckham, this one wakes up in a fury, screaming bloody murder until we get him. Then, he has to be held (usually by me) for a good 20 min. till he is officially awake enough to go play.
I am not sure what to do, if he gets out during the night we don't want him roaming the house alone, and he would too! It is either get a tent for the crib or get a lock for his door and hope he eventually falls asleep after exploring his room. It just cracks us up because even when being completely naughty this kid has a huge smile on his face. He is not sneaky or devious, he is sweet and adorable as he wreaks havoc! What to do, what to do??!
Here is a little video we took as he climbed out. At first I thought maybe he was standing on his crib bumper so I removed that but no, he was pulling himself up with his arms, slinging his foot over the edge, crawling over the top, and finally lowering himself (or falling) to the ground. It looks like it might hurt but he seemed to be just fine! Enjoy!
And on another note- we also had another snow day! Schools were canceled, Ronnie got to work from home in the morning, and Madison had a blast playing with neighbors outside.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
OH my, Boys will be BOYS! Nicholas is 2 and STILL throws things off of our balcony...maybe they are studying "cause and effect" or perhaps it is the thrill of hearing that tremendous CRASH - who knows their motivation. But, they are DANG cute! We baby-proofed our home and within 2 hours Nick had figured out how to open ALL of our kitchen cabinets - what's up with that! I feel for you and wish you luck with the crib "adventure."
All I can say is, you were dang lucky with Madison, and I hope Katie doesn't develop any Beckam-like tendencies soon! I will be doomed!
Sorry, but we take sooooo much pleasure in your pain.
oh man do you have your hands full!!
-(auntie kellee)
Yes, you definately have your hands full! I think he makes up for any mischieviousness that Maddie lacked, it's funny how they can be so different! I love that you got it on video, he makes it looks so easy and his triumphant smile at the end cracks me up! Jayden never learned to climb out, but Kylie did. She also learned how to unlock the door, so the only way I could keep her contained was to tie the door shut with a rope. That has to be on the verge of child abuse, I'm sure. Good luck!
As a mother who's son also crawled out of his crib at a really young age, I highly recommend the tent. Getting it now will hopefully save you endless hours of Beckham screaming and banging on his door trying to get out of his room. Good luck! I hope Beckham sleeps again!
I'm completely blog stalking, and just had to laugh at your post. My son started climbing out of his crib at 16-17 months. He just didn't like to be caged in! Good luck! We ended up switching the lock on his door to the outside to keep him in.
~Lisa (Carson and Marisa's sister-in-law)
That is SO funny! I love the huge grin he has on his face as he jumps up and runs out of his room at the end. Parker is sitting on my lap as I watched that. I'm hoping he's not getting any ideas. After he watched it he said, "Out crib!" You might have to let me know how the tent thing works out. Glad you had a fun snow day. Great pictures!
That was hilarious. I'm so sorry but I was dying laughing watching this.
Leland's a bit older then Beckham but she has been getting out of bed too much lately so we tell her if she doesn't want to sleep in her bed she has to sleep on the bathroom floor. Usually after a few minutes on the cold floor with no pillow or blanket she will go back to her cozy bed.
Good Luck!
Jodee
that is the funniest video. I love it!! What a cute little guy. Your house looks so nice. I am glad that you are in an area that you like. It makes life so much better! We miss you out here in the bay area. Enjoy the snow. That looks fun to!
So I had to watch that video, looking behind my back to make sure Barrett was not watching and learning! I don't know what to tell you except that Babies R Us sells those tents!! There is no way I'd be ok with that at 19 months! Not even 26 months (Barrett's age!) Seriously, he might really like the "tent" and be a super camper one day. My cousin had those for her twins and she kept them on until they were 5!! Now that's bad!
I'm Jamie's friend--I commented a long time ago about your cute little guy--now I'm just laughing because I dread the day my now 17 month old learns this. His older bro never did, but I fully anticipate this one doing it just like yours. I just had to laugh--I'm sorry! But you have to admit, for a little tyke, the boy has skills.
yes, he does have skills in the climbing, rapelling, base jumping, and balance beam departments. Go ahead and laugh, that's what we do, just be careful not to laugh too hard, your day may be coming soon! He He. Thanks for stopping by Diana!
Post a Comment