Palm Springs Wedding
.JPG)
This past weekend Ronnie and I went to Palm Springs, Ca. for the wedding of our good friends Yon Na and Oliver Richner. Ronnie and Oliver worked together at Osmium Partners in SF. It was such a small company that we got to know each co-worker and their family very well. The whole gang (all 4 of them) was reunited at the wedding. We still keep in touch with all of them and were so excited to get to see Oliver and Yon tie the knot. The wedding and reception were held in Palm Springs at the Cosmopolitan Estate. Oliver and Yon are big fans of the old Hollywood, sixties, retro era. They had their guests dress in their best "Breakfast at Tiffany's or Rat Pack" attire and held the ceremony and reception at this house that is perfect for that time period. We had a great time dancing, eating delicious food, and getting to catch up with old friends. We also met some great new people as we mingled with the intimate number of guests. Oliver is a Dutch American who grew up in Italy. His dad is American but lived most of his life in Italy (and still does) and his mom is from the Netherlands. Oliver grew up speaking English and Dutch in the home, learning French at school, and Italian on the streets. He has a great Italian accent and many boisterous Italian friends who came out for the wedding. Yon is a Korean American who was raised in SF. Both her parents live in San Francisco now but grew up in Korea. It was fabulous to see these different families and friends together in the same room. Yon's family is very quiet, reserved, and proper. Oliver's, well, let's just say they are not. They are loud, carefree and love being together. Oliver's Aunt Sue was especially hilarious and kept Ronnie and I entertained during the festivities. Oliver's mom is great too, she made up a song about Yon and Oliver to the tune of Jingle Bells and had us all sing it. I loved hearing her sing it in her best Dutch accent. It was fabulous. I have a video of it but am having trouble getting it to download. We will see.
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
The wedding was beautiful, it stopped raining just in time for the ceremony to be held outside. After everyone noticed Oliver crying we all started crying too. It was so sweet. Then it was back inside for the reception- we danced, sang, and had a wonderful evening. We are lucky we were able to make it out, San Francisco was having major rain storms and most of the people in the area were delayed or didn't make it at all. Ronnie and I had a layover in Oakland and ended up being late for the rehearsal dinner but luckily make it out before all the craziness happened in the Bay Area.
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
Ronnie and I had never been to Palm Springs before. Who knew that the desert could have so much to offer! Ronnie and Eric (another Osmium co-worker) took advantage of the golfing while I took advantage of the hotel spa. We stayed up late catching up with Eric and hearing all about their new baby girl (Congrats Green family!) It was a quick trip but a fun little get-a-way and we hope to go back sometime soon!
Yon and Oliver are great friends and we wish them the very best. Congratulations you two, we love you!
7 comments:
Jodes, you look so beautiful! I love the dress. It's looks like you guys had a great time!
LOVE,
Rosa
Jodee,
You are quite the little jet setter!! It is fun to keep track of you. I am glad that you are such a great blogger so I can know what's going on. It looks like you had a great Christmas. We need to get a girls trip planned.
Have fun,
Jenny
What a fun wedding. I'm glad you guys had a nice little get away and that you were able to dodge the bad weather.
You guys can not stay put for long! What a fun little getaway. The wedding looks beautiful and sounds like a lot of fun. I think that they are going to have some cute kids--although I'm kind of partial :)
I know what you mean Jame! I fully agree!
Oh, I forgot to tell you--the other day Kylie came home from school and told me that there is a new girl in her class. She told me, "she looks just like Maddie so I asked her if she wants to be my best friend because Maddie is my best friend and they look the same". So sweet, huh? We miss that girl!
Oh man, I could cry! That is so cute! I love it! They are true BFF! She misses Kylie too!
Post a Comment