Christmas in Utah
This year we ventured to Utah for a visit with the Chapman family. Ronnie's sister Kristen also came with her family from Nebraska so it was a party indeed! Despite me, Kristen, mom, and Hyrum all getting sick, it was a really great time!
Christmas Eve we decorated cookies for Santa, acted out the nativity, and from what I could tell, some had a yummy turkey dinner. I on the other hand, ate nothing- Blech!
Christmas morning was full of excitement, anticipation, and a little craziness! There was a pile of presents waiting when the kids all woke up and they had so much fun tearing right into them! Madison was pleased to receive her warm socks she asked Santa for plus a few other things! And Beckham got the big truck he was drooling over that a little boy took to our ward Christmas party. It was a huge hit!
I had to get a few pictures of all the cousins in their matching shirts I made. Now they look even MORE alike!
Also on Christmas day it snowed a good 10-12 inches. I think Ronnie and his dad shoveled the driveway 3 different times. Ronnie also made all the kids a huge snow fort complete with tunnel access. It was great fun for all!
Other highlights included a trip to the dinosaur museum, taking the older kids to see The Tale of Despereaux, eating at Cafe Rio, Purple Turtle, and getting to see our good friends Tyler and Linda. We always enjoy visiting family and friends and watching the kids interact with their cousins that they don't get to see much. We miss you all already! We came home with loads of laundry, piles of presents, and germs galore! Beckham and I got a whopper of a cold which turned into an ear infection for him. We stayed home from the new years eve party while Madison and Ronnie partied with our friends. Ronnie now has the stomach flu and had to come home from work today! Luckily Madison is holding strong...for now! I am off to disinfect my house from top to bottom!

9 comments:
Ugh, what a pain that you were so sick! Didn't you get sick in Utah last year? It's a sign that you should stay here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest and party with us instead. Just kidding, we were actually sick too but fortunately not the stomach flu so let me know when the germs are all gone and then we can get together!
Oh,I wish we could have seen you while you were here. Hope you are all feeling better. Look at it this way, maybe you got your sickness over early for the year and won't be plagued with the flu in Jan or Feb when most get it. We love you guys and tell Ronnie his snow fort and tunnel are awesome, I'm so impressed!
There is nothing worse than being sick on Christmas! Besides that, it sounds like you guys had an awesome time. LOVE the shirts you made, so creative. Glad you got to enjoy some snow and lots of it! I Hope everyone's feeling better soon!
I saw you. You stole that photo.
We are so happy that we were able to spend some time with you and your family.
love tyandlinda
Sounds like such a FUN trip (besides the getting sick part). Hope everyone is feeling better and hope that Maddie can stay strong!! I love the way you do your pictures in a collage thing--how do you do that?
it is a function on Picasa, a free photo editing site I downloaded a while ago. You should check it out, it's really simple.
Okay, so I feel terrible because most likely Ronnie got the flu bug from us - I am sure he told you how the New Years Eve party ended. :) I just hope he is the only one that gets it. And I am glad you and Beckham are feeling better. Stay strong Maddie! I love all of your pics - we have Picasa downloaded so now I want to try those collage pages. I also want to see those applique shirts in person with the initials (way cute!) Enjoy having Maddie home from school today (if she is like John she is a little disappointed, John was excited to go back.)
Jodee - I just found your blog - you have such a cute little family. I love that first photo. Where in Utah were you? We were in American Fork over Christmas. I loved all that snow!
I'm so glad you had a fun Christmas (minus being sick - so sorry!) with lots of family. What a fun time playing in the snow, going to the dinosaur museum and doing fun Christmas stuff. Those shirts are adorable! You are so creative and talented! I hope you guys get feeling better soon!
Post a Comment