Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A fun Saturday


A friend of mine told me that our local Libby Lu was going out of business and they were doing their signature makeovers for half price. So, I took Madison on Saturday and sure enough, we got her hair, nails, and makeup done along with a goodie-bag full of girly goodness. Madison was in heaven, you couldn't even wipe the smile off her face. She ended up looking like one of those overly made, too young, little baby beauty queens that you see on those terrible reality shows like Pageant Moms. It was hard for me to look at her because I kept getting glimpses of her as a teenager! We had fun though and she felt like a princess so it was worth it!

This picture is for my cousin Becca, don't you think she looks a little like Caleb? Excluding the long blond hair of course!
See Savannah, matching outfits!I was surprised that she picked the wig and knew that it wasn't going to last long... she has a thing about being itchy.... As predicted, this is what I heard a few minutes after leaving the mall, "Mom, I am going to take this off now, it's too itchy!" and then later "I'm glad my hair is short and not long like the itchy wig." But, I'm actually glad she got the wig, we have been having a great time with it; hours of family entertainment! The best so far has to be Ronnie wearing it through the McDonald's drive through while ordering us a few drinks. He kept a straight face the whole time, I was so proud!

Sorry its so dark, I had to take it quick, it seems he doesn't like itchy hair either!
After the makeover fun we all headed over to Gig Harbor to check out a new (to us) Seattle area. It is a fun little beach town known for it's fishing. We ate lunch, drove around the area, walked along the docks, and stopped in a few little boutiques downtown. I always think of how nice it would be to live in a small town like that; peaceful, simple, quiet, slow... But then I wake up and realize how hard it would be for me to live so far from my city life; the excitement, the shopping, restaurants, sites etc... Maybe someday... But it was a fun day spent together nonetheless.

12 comments:

linda said...

Hey! I want a makeover, too. No fair Ronnie gets one.

love linda

Anonymous said...

Fun! Good thing you didn't put her in a tube top. It's nice to do fun things like with daughters. I can't wait to. Was the wig fun at night too? ;P

Marisa said...

Okay, Ronnie in the wig is too hilarious! I keep reading your blog and thinking, why aren't we having as much fun exploring the PNW as you are? We are such losers. Then I remember that we spend every Saturday (except this one) up at Carson's office. Someday we will go exploring with you, although by then you won't have anywhere new to go!

Janessa said...

What a fun mommy daughter date! She looks like quite the fashion diva. That picture of Ronnie cracks me up. Did the guy at McDonalds have any kind of a reaction? Your family outing sounds like fun. You guys are so good to get out and explore your surroundings where ever you are. Beckham sure is cute!

foreveryoung said...

I still have yet to take Kylie to Libby Lou's, maybe I should see if one around here is going out of business too, she would be in heaven! The nice thing about where you live is that you are close enough to both the city and the small town life, so you "get the best of both worlds..." (Hannah Montana anyone?). It was great talking to you the other day, miss you!

Unknown said...

Love it! She does look like Caleb- a little bit...same cute face! That sounds like it was fun... oh, the blessings of little girls that I will never know :) But I love the "do" on Ronnie- that looks great! I will show Kent when he gets home from work. haha...

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Ronnie! I can't stop laughing!!

Rosa

Alex and Heather said...

So, I love that you got to keep the wig. I'm sure Madison had such a great time! And, it looks like Ronnie did, too!

Pacefamily said...

Oh looking at your blog makes me miss you guys so much!! I loved the makeover (and Ronnie's) and the outfit. Too cute. I can't believe how big Bex is looking... Miss you guys!!
Any chance you'll be down to visit soon?

The Teeples Times said...

She looks so cute all "dolled" up, but I can see what you mean about it reminding you of her being a teenager. The harbor looks peaceful and beautiful. What a fun day for you guys!

Melanie said...

Love the wig - on Madison and on Ronnie! Beckham is so cute in those Gig Harbor pics - the one where he is looking out over the water should be framed. Cutest family!!!

Anna said...

I'm so sad that Libby Lu is closing and that I won't get to take Kara there in a couple years. Love the pic of Ronnie in the wig. I laughed while reading about that and then explained to Jeff what I was laughing at, which made him laugh too. :)