It seems like December comes quick and doesn't take long to be all over! We pack in the Christmas events and before we know it, it's next year! Here are a few things that kept our family busy this December
Santa Train
Some friends invited us to go on the local Santa Train that runs during the holidays. You get on in North Bend and ride to Snoqualmie to meet Santa, eat cookies drink hot chocolate, and freeze your butt off! Okay, so that last part was an added bonus this year but boy was it cold! When we left our house the car said 17 degrees. We didn't quite know what to expect so we grabbed coats and hats but we were still not prepared for the coldness that we would endure! The kids whined and complained 90 percent of the time and the parents all wondered what the heck we were doing! Somehow though, we all managed to have a good time despite the frigged temperatures and whiny kids. Madison summed it up pretty well when she sat on Santa's lap and promptly asked him for warm socks! Poor kid!
.jpg)
Ahh, the gift store...we stayed in here as long as we could, it was semi-warm!
He wouldn NOT crack a smile!
Let's get out of here!
Ward Christmas Party (thanks
Matt for the pics!)
The traditional breakfast, singing, meet Santa, chat with friends...



Fun with Friends- gettin' our Rock Band on with the Calderwoods
Neighbor Gifts- don't you wish you were my neighbor? Madison helped me make chocolate covered marshmallows to fill our Christmas cans!
.jpg)
Keeping this one entertained- that is always a fun job!
Yes, I found him naked in the dryer.jpg)
Getting Crafty with Christmas presents- I made all the gifts for the nieces, nephews, and SIL's. That's 4 crayon rolls, 4 headbands, 8 appliqued t shirts, and a nativity dress up box! I am just glad I started in November!.jpg)
Decorating the Giant Christmas tree! It was large, it had lots of sap, it looked a little crooked and shabby, but we loved it!.jpg)
That is Ronnie on the top of a 7 ft. ladder barely reaching.jpg)
8 comments:
Ok, elaborate please on what exactly the nativity dress up box is and do you have patterns for the crayon roll-up and the headbands? You continue to amaze and impress me. I think I'll just call you Martha from now on :)
Sorry, I kept commenting as Ronnie...
Anyway, here is the scoop- the nativity dress up box consisted of simple head wraps for the wisemen, mary, joseph, and shepherd and ties to go around the head with some donkey ears, tail, gifts for the wisemen, halo, and baby blanket. Kristen was the lucky recipient of that, she can vouch for it's simplicity and function! It was fun to use on Christmas Eve, you can see some of it in the pictures above.
The crayon roll pattern I got here
http://www.skiptomylou.org/2007/04/25/on-a-roll/
and the headbands I got here
http://foofanagle.wordpress.com/2007/06/12/best-band-ever/
isn't the internet wonderful?!? Oh, and don't call me "Martha", call me "copy cat Martha"!
I'm no longer complaining about the heat here, it makes me shiver just thinking about 17 degrees! You do look mighty cute in your beanie, though. What a fun tradition, though.
Sorry, I wasn't finished commenting....I am so impressed with all your homemade gifts. Man, I wish I lived close to you so that we could be crafty together! They are such great ideas, I may just have to copy them next year (thanks for passing on the links!). And that is quite the tree, nice job!
Cute cute cute gifts!! You have been busy. Just decorating the tree must have taken you forever! It looks beautiful, though. :)
You guys sure packed in the Christmas fun! With Thanksgiving so late this year it seems like the Christmas season just flew by! That Santa train thing sounds like a lot of fun if it could have been a little warmer. You do look awefuly cute in your beanie though. All of your homemade gifts amaze me and yes, I'm wishing I was one of your neighbors. Yum! That is such a beautiful tree. Did you go out and cut it down yourself? The winner of all the festivities has to be the "naked in the dryer" party. Too cute!
Post a Comment