Let me just start by saying no matter how I write this it can't even come close to how I feel. I know I won't do it justice and couldn't even touch every thoughtful detail that went into this weekend. But, for memory keeping sake, I am going to try!
No, I don't wear my tiara around every day, but on my birthday it fit for sure! I was treated like a true princess; spoiled rotten! My sweet husband planned the most outrageous, elaborate, and over the top weekend for me. I had NO clue such shenanigans were going on behind my back. He did start to act a bit strange as my birthday was approaching but I had no idea he was going to pull off what he did. I know my husband and I know he loves surprises so I just thought he was working on a little gift or something. Little did I know he was planning a fabulous weekend for me, our family, and friends.
Ronnie came home from work early on Thursday and whisked me away to
Salish resort and spa. He presented me with a little pouch that I remembered well. It was the exact same pouch that contained my engagement ring when he proposed to me ten years ago. I opened it up and found the first of many clues he gave me throughout the weekend.
.jpg)
I thought this stay at the resort was what he had up his sleeve and I was thrilled to go away and spend a night just the two of us. Ronnie arranged fire side massages, relaxing in the spa and dinner. The next day we tried to sleep in but both couldn't sleep past 7. We went downstairs and enjoyed an amazing 5 course breakfast and then were just content to be lazy all morning. We took a walk down to the falls and then got ready to go to what I thought was lunch and shopping. However, Ronnie thought different. We entered a restaurant in Bellevue and there sat my entire family and two amazing friends from California and Arizona. Mom, Dad, Kellee, Robb, Jamie, and Rosa! They had all come from out of state to surprise me on my birthday. I couldn't get over the shock of seeing everyone there. I was pretty speechless and completely overwhelmed that they would come all this way just for me.
I think they got bored waiting for us to get there.jpg)
Bffs.jpg)
We had a great lunch and I thought we would enjoy the rest of the weekend showing them some sights but alas, Ronnie had bigger and better things to do. He sent me and the girls shopping with gift card in hand while the boys took the kids back home. It was so fun to be able to hang with the girls and shop around not having to maneuver strollers or stop for constant potty breaks (well, except for my mom!) We met the boys at Maddie's soccer game later that evening and then went home thinking we would have a family dinner together. Again, I was wrong. I walked into my house to find it packed with friends and neighbors.
Beckham is wondering what all these people are doing in our house.
.JPG)
I am not even clear how it all went down because I was so overwhelmed but I DO know that it was a blast! We had games, prizes, videos, and pretty much every single picture ever taken of me in my life sprawled out on tables. Ronnie had all my favorite foods (past and present) to be enjoyed and of course, a whole lot of Diet Coke.

.JPG)
Ronnie and my mom found pictures of me from every year of my life and made a game out of it where you had to match the age with the picture. It was hard, and I was the one in the pictures! He also had a quiz to fill out with different questions about me. For the answers Ronnie and
Matt made a hilarious video for all to see. I was laughing so hard I cried. Really, if you need a good laugh, come on over, I'll share it with you.
30 pictures from 30 years!.JPG)
Yes, it was THAT funny!
Madison helped me blow out all 30 candles!.JPG)
Jamie and Rosa, the best friends a gal could ask for!
me and my mom.JPG)
I really can't get over all the planning, help, and time it took to pull this all off. I know Ronnie didn't do it alone, I find out more and more details every day about all that went into this event. I am truly grateful for everyone who helped make this birthday incredibly special for me. I can't think of any more adjectives so I will have to just say that I am blessed, truly blessed! Thank you! Ronnie, you never cease to amaze me. You are an unbelievable man and marvelous husband. Thank you for making me feel so special each and every day I am with you. I am so lucky to be the recipient of many of your wildest dreams. I love you!
Pretty much sums up how I felt the whole weekend!.JPG)
The weekend didn't end here either. We had so much fun taking the fam and friends around Seattle. I will have to share that in another post! Phew!
12 comments:
I am going to cry--how unbelievably sweet! I love Ronnie!
Jodee! Happy 30th Birthday! You are beautiful and I think the whole tiara bit has to be an everyday thing.
I wish we could have been there. Oh wait. We weren't invited. Just a bit hurt. Totally kidding Ronnie. Well, not really. :P
Oh. I love the family pictures you have up on your family room wall.
love tyandme+j
Ronnie set the bar impossibly high for all other spouses on this one. He proved to me that he is truly THE MAN!
This will be a birthday that you'll never forget. Makes you wonder what he's got up his sleeve for your 40th??
Yes, everything was definately over the top, but you my friend definately deserved it! Ronnie is amazing and has definately set the bar high! I'm so glad I got to be a part of your fun weekend, happy birthday Jod!
Way to go Ronnie!
Happy LATE Birthday!
Wish we could have been there to help with the celebrations!
Happy be-lated b-day! You'll have to forgive me for not calling that day. I have no excuse. I'm glad Ronnie took good care of you. -love Kristen
What an awesome weekend and memory! Way to go Ronnie!
Thanks for the recap. Now I am REALLY bummed we had to miss it all. You are definitely loved!!
He must really love you Jodee! I don't think my husband loves me quite as much. Well, I don't think he could top it even if he tried. Ronnie - you rock! Jodee - you deserve it!
Don't read my blog and what happened on my birthday. it doesn't even come remotely close. You deserve it like Alisha said!
I'm still in shock over it and it wasn't even my birthday. Ronnie sure knows how to celebrate. I can't believe all of the effort he put into it and keeping it a total surprise. WOW!
Jodee,
Sorry I missed your birthday. I can see it was a very fun, happy, enjoyable day/weekend. You deserve it. Way to go Ronnie!
That is the most amazing and elaborate birthday suprise(s) I've ever heard of. What a sweet husband! Jamie was so excited to be a part of it all. She told me about it ahead of time and I've been so excited to hear all about it from you. Sounds like you had such a great time and loved every minute of it...just like Ronnie was hoping for. Happy birthday!!!
Post a Comment